Super Jet Swapmeet's "Really?" RN build

Swapmeet your approach and attitude always make me laugh.
Sounds like it gonna be dope (Brah).

Sounds like the old box of worms or Pandoras Ski. Great to see you sticking with it.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Swapmeet your approach and attitude always make me laugh.
Sounds like it gonna be dope (Brah).

Sounds like the old box of worms or Pandoras Ski. Great to see you sticking with it.

Thanks, I'm trying to not let this stuff (and life) stress me out so much, which is a challenge sometimes.
This is a hobby, hobbys are supposed to be fun and expensive. The expensive part is covered, ask my wife.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Soooo.... the seller, we'll call him Mr Brah texted me yesterday. It would appear that SAIA freight was not happy with the size of the shipping yard where I work. They decided that because the driver had to make a 3 point turn to get out, they would charge him an addtional $70 on top of the $150 to get the ski here from Cali. First of all.... REALLY??? $70 because you had to make a sharp turn but $150 from Cali????

But I digress....

So Mr Brah, being put out by these addtional charges and can't get SAIA to pull their collective craniums from their posteriors. He asks me..... "Would you mind splitting that charge with me (brah)?" My timely response was, "Have you seen my build thread?" to which he replied "No." I sent him the link, and pondered the situation.

I was in quite a conundrum... on one hand, i'm a decent human being, but on the other hand.................................:ugh:......... I mean really....
Since I really wasnt sure what to do, I asked jetski cat.

"Jetski Cat, should I help out Mr Brah?"

nocat.gif

Sorry Mr Brah....

On a more serious note. Ebox is effing mounted, there are bolts in the effnig motor mounts that are going THROUGH the bed plates. Serious effing business!!! Still have to align motor but it doesn't look like it needs much shimming. No sarcasm... i'm excited as fcuk, I can't see much else holding me back. I won't get to touch it this weekend, but i'm taking Monday off to work on it. Unless something goes crazy bad, which I think we all agree with this hull is more likely than Jetski Cat shaking his head yes.... I COULD be on the water next weekend.

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
^^^ no, there's a 'paint chip' under the cold fusion sticker. And by paint chip I mean it is similar in size to a bovine birth canal.

So I heard back from Mr. Brah. He said he'd take care of the extra charge and he hopes the build goes better. In all honesty, besides a few things like the steering cable and a few other things, I think Mr. Brah was just another person In a long line of vaugely negligent owners. No offense.
I have no ill will towards him. I get to pick on him here and it's all good fun. Like I said, it makes a good story.

Ordered a RN cable from JetManiac today. $101.... Maybe I should ask Mr. Brah if he'll split it with me. :rolleyes:

chriselmore_1

high on resin
Lol my ex was mad at me one night cuz I was drunk in the garage stripping the hull bare. I told her to kick rocks and make me a sandwich and she shut the garage door on the ski... Lol. Hit right on the nose

swapmeet

Brotastic
Making good progress today! Had to wrestle a SN exhaust hose on to the RN metal hose inlet that goes through the firewall. Broke a sweat!!!

Finished aligning the engine, replaced the reinforced water hoses with standard ones. We'll see how that goes.
i planned on reusing my FX1 gas tank but it looks like that won't be as easy as I hoped, so I think I'll use a SJ tank... Which means I need one. Hopefully i can find one locally, looks like I might be riding this weekend!

Oh yeah, so this is the kind of crap that drags my build out, but with the tank BS I think I have the time. My FX1 Bpipe was looking like a can of dirty Korean sphincter. I want to polish or alumi-coat it but for now I sanded it and painted it with gloss black engine paint. We'll see how it holds up. I'll post pics later, it's a pain from the iPad.

BIG UP'S TO JETMANIAC!!!! So I sent him payment for my steering after 5 his time on Friday. As i'm typing this the postman delivers it.

Internethighfive.jpg

swapmeet

Brotastic
Finished running my exhaust today, just needed an elbow from chamber to waterbox.

Also finished my steering adapter, not exactly what I wanted but it works.

939bca27.jpg
8158d866.jpg

Top Bottom