750 X2 project

Started this thread over on pwctoday. Decided id get some input from you guys over on the X as well. 750 sp, custom hull. Lookin for some tubbies.

Attachments

• x2hullmod.jpg
    x2hullmod.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 152
  • x2hood.jpg
    x2hood.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 121
  • X2 backflip.JPG
    X2 backflip.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 178

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Tom21 just made some X2 specific tubbies. He's local to me so I have seen the tubbies and they look pretty dang sweet.

I hope you realize that you cannot get a flat deck on th X2 unless you build up the footwells. The footwells are lower than the pump cavity.

Yeah i realized that yesterday when i started cutting down the seat, i think im going to build it up a little and cut down the pump cavity as much as possible that way i will only have a slight hump in the middle. Mainly i want to cut out the back of the seat to A.shave some weight B.make it easier to get back on in deep rough water C.be able to put my foot there,( the way i ride i find myself wanting to have one foot there when carving, but the dang seat is in the way.)
D. To put a storage compartment in the back of the seat so i dont have to pull off the seat to get to it, like those found on the side of a 650sx.

I finally got around to finishing stripping the hull, only things left on it are the mount for the trim adjuster and the cables. Power washed the inside of the engine compartment, SOMEONE *cough24-7760superjet BEN cough* thought it would be a good idea to paint the inside black, but it started flaking off, so i took a power washer to it, and it mostly all came off, pics on the way. Defoamed under the seat. I think im going to use the original piece from the back of the seat, just move it forward, and glass it back in. then i will make it hollow in there, glass in my storage compartment, and make the top smooth, the seat is rarely used so I think im just going to use turf instead of making a custom seat, itll be lighter and alot less work, and should give it a clean look. I FINALLY got the electronics in looks like everything is there, hopefully it all works.

Im still looking for a twin carb setup for my 750 small pin if anyone has one. Even a bigger single carb would work for now.

i started drilling for the scupper today.. looks like ill be doing alot more work than i had hoped, the foam is full of water. Im going to have to rip it all out...

i started drilling for the scupper today.. looks like ill be doing alot more work than i had hoped, the foam is full of water. Im going to have to rip it all out...

thats a fun job, i have a carnage thread of defoaming one if you need pics.
i like you concept i am eagerly awaiting more pics :stups:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
What is the advantage of having the deck flat accross the back if you're still going to have your straps in the stock tray? Unless you want to move a foot center to mimic a surf stance, you'd just be raising your center of gravity almost 3 inches needlessly.

pics on the way, i have it cut down so it will only be raised about an inch in the center. The main reason to chop it out is weight, i dont use the seat, so why have it? im going to glass it all smooth and just turf the top, that should shave a little weight off the ski, plus i think it looks cool. :bigok: i like it when people go "What the heck is that thing??"

looks like i got lucky, it was only one side that had water , the other had a damp spot where i cut out to check, but i think it may have leaked in from where i had previously cut the seat apart. all looks dry, im going to defoam the side with the scupper (left) and the refoam it once its installed, the right side seems fine,im just going to glass back over the hole and leave it as it is.

As for forming the seat, i completely cut out the seat except for the sides going halfway back, and filled it with expanding foam out into where i want it to go. Once it dries im going to just take a long sawzall blade and cut it to the shape i want. I did the same for the gas filler in the nose. Then i should be able to just glass right over the foam.

CHANGE oF PLANS!!woo hoo!!

i decided to go crazy on this thing with the help of HBcomposites (24-7 760 superjet) and now have defoamed most of the hull and am making the whole deck as flat as possible with molded footholds. the whole deck will be carbon fiber as well as the hood. the hood is getting cut completely flat and i am also adding custom tubbies, carbon fiber pipe and water box as well as custom fiiberglass rideplate. The hull has been cut an additional 3 inches ( 4 inches total) and the rear of the pump housing has been cut to allow as much up trim as possible.So far i by cutting out the seat and triimming the hood i have shaved well overe 30 pounds off the ski. By replacing the hood wth carbon fiber and making the deck out of carbon i will be shaving even more weight. in combination with a 750 twin carb small pin and carbon pipe and waterbox this ski should be feather light and plenty powerful!

Attachments

• 0504081831.jpg
    0504081831.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
CHANGE oF PLANS!!woo hoo!!

i decided to go crazy on this thing with the help of HBcomposites (24-7 760 superjet) and now have defoamed most of the hull and am making the whole deck as flat as possible with molded footholds. the whole deck will be carbon fiber as well as the hood. the hood is getting cut completely flat and i am also adding custom tubbies, carbon fiber pipe and water box as well as custom fiiberglass rideplate. The hull has been cut an additional 3 inches ( 4 inches total) and the rear of the pump housing has been cut to allow as much up trim as possible.So far i by cutting out the seat and triimming the hood i have shaved well overe 30 pounds off the ski. By replacing the hood wth carbon fiber and making the deck out of carbon i will be shaving even more weight. in combination with a 750 twin carb small pin and carbon pipe and waterbox this ski should be feather light and plenty powerful!

oops wrong thread ,sorry !

Last edited:
Finished the defoaming and started the re-foaming with lighter foam. installed the scupper, and finished cutting off the hood. also installed new cooling lines.

Attachments

• 0507081514a.jpg
    0507081514a.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 178
  • downsized_0507081514c.jpg
    downsized_0507081514c.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 128
What are your plans for an air intake?

You might want to consider re-inforce the hood and nose from the underside. Mine was still pretty weak even after a coupler layers of biax on top. I added 1 more to the bottom and helped a lot.

Top Bottom