How much would you pay for a brand new FX-1...?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
How much would you pay for a brand new FX-1. It is a 1995 that has never even had gasoline put in it. It is only like 10 miles away from me. what do you think? He has it listed for $5000, but that is way out of the question. NADA is about $1800 high retail, but that is for a used one. I was thinking $2500; does that seem too high?

Prem1x

Tinkering obsessed
I think $2500 is low for a "brand new ski", but it is unfortunately a slightly outdated model and have very few collectors looking for them.

I think $2500 would be fair. I don't think I would pay that though. Justin's FX he has for sale on here is priced about there I think, and I would rather have that one. You have to figure you are at least going to drop another grand in aftermarket parts in to it.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Ross_C said:
I think $2500 would be fair. I don't think I would pay that though. Justin's FX he has for sale on here is priced about there I think, and I would rather have that one. You have to figure you are at least going to drop another grand in aftermarket parts in to it.

Damn he didn't sell that thing yet? I called him a couple of weeks ago about it. I thought for sure it would be gone by now.

When ProTec sold Mac's racing FX-1 it went for $4500, but it had all the goodies and a special 128mm pump mod to boot

oxnard111 said:
How much would you pay for a brand new FX-1. It is a 1995 that has never even had gasoline put in it. It is only like 10 miles away from me. what do you think? He has it listed for $5000, but that is way out of the question.
Try and find an actual "brand new" FX1, they just don't come around....ever! Another way to look at it is if Yamaha were to re-release a limited number of FX1's, how much and how fast you think they could sell 50 of them (and certainly more than $5K).

A few months ago there was a "brand new" Blaster 1 on ebay that sold for $6500 (but it had several aftermarket parts and technically wasn't 100% original.

On the other hand, the first day it hits the water it will greatly depreciate. So if you buy it, buy it because you want it and can afford it.

wildman326

Who else?
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I wouldn't buy an FX1 period, unless I could part it out or sell it for a profit.

I personally prefer the superjet, and mean no offense to those who love the FX1. It's a squirilly SOB and not to my liking, but I know there are "true" believers that would ride nothing else.

gj_fx1

X-H2
10 years sitting it isn't new. There are potential issues with seals, hoses, corrosion etc. Do you get a new warranty?

Just think that dealer has paid for it twice with interest..

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
gj_fx1 said:
10 years sitting it isn't new. There are potential issues with seals, hoses, corrosion etc. Do you get a new warranty?

Just think that dealer has paid for it twice with interest..
yup what he said
n/s will be stuffed
i wouldnt run it with out doing seals on the egine at least

Think abut this you are about to pull the engine out and stip the bottom off it

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
waxhead said:
yup what he said
n/s will be stuffed
i wouldnt run it with out doing seals on the egine at least

Think abut this you are about to pull the engine out and stip the bottom off it
If it has never been started then there shouldn't be any problems with the motor or carbs.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
well you have had 10 years of a gold spring pushing on that needle and seat
i reckon she would have a massive lip on the viton tip by now

the cranks seals have been sitting for 10 years
i wouldnt want to run it
they are rubber and they will go hard

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Well... the price dosen't really matter to me anymore. I just bought a SuperJet. I pick it up tonight. It is Nicad85's ski that he just bought from ebay. $2100 with a newly rebuilt TCM motor (atleast I think it is TCM, I could be wrong).

Top Bottom