My new Envy

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
Wow... cant believe I have missed this thread so far... great job so far Matt! If you dont mind could you PM me with the price you paid WDK? Did you get the fiberglass hull?

Do you like the fit/finish of everything so far?

I looked at the groupk hammer 845... looks interesting... I am going bigbore this winter... so far its looking like Xscream.... great rep and all... that 845 looks killer though... I wonder if anyone on here has got one yet...

Yea I would say the hull has amazing fit and finish and I am very happy so far.

Of course I need to go beat the hell out of it for a while to really know for sure but it feels very solid and a little lighter than my refoamed (but wet) and reinforced 96.

I should be losing nearly 20lbs when it is all said and done but I am taking accurate weights of everything just because I wanna know.

Even if was 10 lbs I will be happy but I have already ditched 19 that I am seeing:

hull -vs- hull with same stuff on.....-15.5lbs

new battery I have to use.............-3.5

A/C -2 w/UMI -vs- WDK pole -3 with WDK steering...........-??

And for anyone interested 2 rolls of B grade weighs 7lbs.

I am soooooo STOKED to ride this thing!!!!

I am super convinced that a 144mm 13/16-3 on a Kawi hull is gonna be a blast to ride!!!

I am going out in the rain to scrub parts down with Tide with bleach powder. Chit works great!!

I saved a few bucks today and ordered the Interstate AGM equivalent from my local guy. Roughly 40+ bones less with exact specs and size as Odyssey PC545.

Also cleaned up the pump shoe a little as I would prefer not to lose another one of those ever again. Just filed it in to a the lines of the hull so it won't grab.

Thanks to the Smurf for taking the intake grate off my shoulders.:notworthy:

Pump fits perfectly!!!!!!! Balls on!!!

I am getting more and more stoked daily!!!!

Attachments

• pump shoe check.jpg
    pump shoe check.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 140
  • intake grate fitting.jpg
    intake grate fitting.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 198
  • pump fitting.jpg
    pump fitting.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 204
Man that is a cool offer BK and I appreciate it.

I don't think it will fit though but I really don't know.

Its a OEM Yami pump shoe so I think it has to be custom.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
it looks like a Kawi pump shoe is suppose to go in there. you can see the ridge where it would mate up to the hull. Gonna have some interesting waterflow characteristics.

crammit442

makin' legs
it looks like a Kawi pump shoe is suppose to go in there. you can see the ridge where it would mate up to the hull. Gonna have some interesting waterflow characteristics.

I think he's right. I believe I'd fair that Kawi shoe area in so you have smooth flow into the Yami shoe. I'd personally ditch that OE plastic shoe and replace with an aluminum shoe also. It's much easier to do now instead of in the middle of the summer with the motor and everything installed.

I will never have to replace a pump shoe again (hopefully) because I know how not to lose them now. LOL. I have been riding on my current one for a long time.

Did some preliminary fitting today. Intake is being done as we speak. Thanks again Brian!

Ground the mid housing. Ground the tangs off the OEM strap mounts.

Attachments

• tang removal.jpg
    tang removal.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 150
  • fitment1.jpg
    fitment1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 181
  • fitment2.jpg
    fitment2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 187
Top Bottom