750 SX Freestyle build

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Ok here we go its not the best build with everything freestyle mod possible but here is my 750 from day one to now.
Thanks to Tbaer for his help and his garage.

Here is the ski when I bought it All stock.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Sticker removal Or should i say De-purplizing. I used one of those 3m wheel things. I got it at the Car Quest Paint store it takes forever but it works way better then a razor blade and fingernails.

>The cord on the side of the ski is the Battery tender in case your wondering.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
The holds came with a template to lay on the hull. So i taped it where i wanted them and traced the template with the marker then began cutting.

I started cutting with a 4" cut off wheel but switched to the little wheel on the dremel it seemed to work better. The hardest part was cutting those tubes. I must of cut the tube like 100 times to get the hold to fit all the way. I used a chisel and hammer to get the ends of the tubes off (at the back of the Hull)

Final shoot. This is what was left to get the hold to fit. Thats all the way out the the outside of the hull. The Trinitys are DEEP.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member

Ok now they both fit in the platform. The tops still need trimmed as you can see there a little High. The holds also arnt a perfect bend for the 750 platform so the dont fit perfectly flush with the bottom and the sides.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I trimmed the Hold itself up top. as you can probally see in the above pictures they were sticking off the edge of the platfom.
The next step is the Epoxy. I used rivits and screws to hold the footholds in place. I used alot of epoxy to help bond the holds to the hull. The Trinitys dont fit perfectly flush in the 750 platform so it took me a and a buddy to try to hold them in place
while the other rivited them in.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
i let the epoxy dry overnight. and I foamed them this morning and now i will let that dry untill tomorrow morning.

So i am letting that dry right now so we can finish sealing them off and then turf.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Question???

I bought 2 rolls of Molded Diamond. I still have not decided if i am gonna replace the side/front/rear bumpers with turf. Input would be greatly apreciated as i will probally start turfing tomorrow

Thank you

Last edited:

tbaer

USMC
yes the foam is from a spray can it is from the plumiing section at lowes. its says water proofing. water sealant expanding foam. is that the wrong stuff to use or is it ok? after i am done glassing in the holds there won't be water anywhere near the foam. I HOPE!!!

Last edited:
i think its not the normal foam that most people use but if i ever had to foam, thats what i would end up using because its quickly available.

just make sure you seal it up real good when you glass it in

maybe some others will chime in and put in their experience with that type of foam.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
definately looks better with out the purple. turf the rails, you will be glad you did and thats the easy part. nice build

Thanks man. is it best just to use a heat gun and go to town?

I also bought the weldwood gel contact cement that says water resistant after is dry. The same S**T Hyrdo turf sells on there site. Any other input on glues?

chrisdoc0608

insulting
i dont see what diffrence it would make, as long as it drys and fills it in.

the difference is that two part foam where you pour part A with B has a chemical reaction that causes it to expand and harden.... on the other hand the can foam that you used needs air to expand. There is a chance that all of that foam did not dry and will leave voids.

Top Bottom