Superjet steering cable differences

so apparently the 2008 is an inch shorter than 96-07 but ends are the same so with a shortened handlepole by 2 inches there is no problem, right?

where did you hear that? i just got an 08 pole from wamiltons on ebay to put on a 98 that im piecin together. if thats the case may need to put it on my 99 and move that one to the other. think il try to measure it

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
where did you hear that? i just got an 08 pole from wamiltons on ebay to put on a 98 that im piecin together. if thats the case may need to put it on my 99 and move that one to the other. think il try to measure it

Won't work unless you use an 08 superjet cable - which would be undesireable since it has less throw. Its not the overall length of the cable thats the issue, its the amount of throw that it has (lack of). If you mount that pole your steering cable end will go way beyond the pivot ball on the turn plate.

ok, I guess thats the same difference as between the SN and the old RN then, right?

thanks,
Adam

Nope, even shorter throw than a SN cable, wont even mount right at the top of the pole. The 08 cable will not even reach the turn plate on a pre-08 SJ. (opposite of what i described above)

I just installed an 08 sj pole on my FX-1, fit perfect!!

Exactly... 08 SJ pole is same as the FX-1 pole

Won't work unless you use an 08 superjet cable - which would be undesireable since it has less throw. Its not the overall length of the cable thats the issue, its the amount of throw that it has (lack of). If you mount that pole your steering cable end will go way beyond the pivot ball on the turn plate.

so the place that the cable mounts to is different? so an 08 pole wont work with a96-07 steering cable and exit nozzle? so i need to use an 08 cable with the pole on my 98 sj or the pole wont work at all?

just compared the two poles just holding the 08 next to my 99 (still mounted). the bases are the same, the pole itself seems to be the same length but the top bracket is different it looks to be 2 to 2.5 inches shorter. so what would one have to do to make it work?

To make it work you will have to use an '08 SJ (or FX-1) steering cable w/ the 08 pole. But any type of quick-steer such as UMI will not work without binding the short 08 cable.
like this guy: http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/43051

i found that last night with the search. i think for now ill find an 08 cable. the boat im buildin will hopefully be for friends to use and they will mostly be beginners (it has tubbies and hull ext). when i upgrade the pole on my 99, ill move the 99 to the 98.

Top Bottom