UMI Steering on 08 superjet

B

BigredZ

Ok. Here is my problem. I need advise.

Bought a new 2008 SJ about two weeks ago. First things that went on were worx right plate, and intake grates, and then a quick turn sys.

This is were the problem comes in. I used a UMI Steering sys. and turn plate. Went thru and did the install all proper and stuff and went with a set of 0 deg bars. I used the farthest out hole for the steering pivot ( yes I carved out the hand pole pad for clearance) I can't adjust the steering cable enough to get the turn plate the stop on the stops. It is stoping on the cable. So you can guess what happened.

That's right I snapped the cable and now have to replace it. So I've orderd the new one.

This is what I need help with. How can I use the farthest point out on the turn plate? Am I missing something. I am about a 1/4 in front the turn plate stop on both sides.

Is there any recommendations (sp.) or do I just have to move the pivot in and sacrifice the agility.

Please Help? I want this ski to have the fastest turn with the least amount of steering input. Thanks!!

Sorry dude........you can't use that much quick steer with an FX-1 handlepole ('08 superjet) without maxin' the cable and eventually breaking it. Sell your '08 pole to an FX-1 guy and get a pre'08 pole.

B

BigredZ

Well then I'm going to need some more help then. If I can't use the pole what aftermarket pole should I order and where from. I'm by no means new to stand up ski's but in metro detroit there really isn't a good place to go. Up until this 08 SJ my other ski was a 1994 kawi 750 sx. I love this ski but please give me some ideas of where to look(websites,phone#'s, etc,) I've been dealing with riva motorsports in florida but the really don't seam to now to much or give any good advise (example: ordered the umi kit and asked if this would work with all stock components) They said yes. Which I guess is right and wrong at the same time. It works but not as well as I should..

Please list out what I will need? Pole? Cable?(which one) or by just changing the pole will the stock cable work? and anything else?

Thanks!!

try a rrp quick steering adapter

try a rick roy steering adapter they should work fine lm getting one today to try on my 09 superjet

Attachments

• DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 125

dave787

Couches are boring
just ordered an rrp pole and pre-08 steering cable. nothing else really does the job as well as the older SJ's. The new cable on the 08+ is only good for running buoys.. an older stock pole or any other pole really should work. the old stock ones are just so long, and I don't want to hassle with shortening it. If you have the tools and can do it an old stock pole is the cheapest way to go.

Rrp quicksteer bracket will not work on an 08+ sj as the bracket needs to be mounted on the steering nozzle. The 08+ nozzle does not accommodate the bracket. I found out the hard, expensive way.

Top Bottom