SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
UPDATE

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

UPDATE with components used:
Watercraft Factory nosepiece, hood (used), footholds
XR Tech top deck (kind of a prototype/trial deal), aluminum handlepole, pump shoe
X-Metal scuppers
PancakePete front foothold
LPW 760 (same one I had before, no changes)

I picked up this squarenose hull over the weekend in preparation to do a topdeck conversion.

I'm going to put a roundnose top deck on it this fall/winter and ideally would love to have it done by Daytona but that might be pushing it, we'll see.

Ideas I have:

• move battery (I use one of the tiny ones) to the right rear of the engine compartment to shorten those cables and clean up the engine compartment
  • relocate steering cable further out/back so it clears the pump better (with my trim setup)
  • maybe shorten it 2"
  • rear side exhaust either inside the back or right rear of engine compartment, but that would interfere with the battery relocation if I do that
  • sell my hood and get a lighter one
  • x-metal pole but can't afford it most likely
  • move both cooling lines to the left side of the engine compartment
  • trim cable tube in the top left of the pump cavity like on my current hull so it's a straight pull to the trim ring
  • scupper inlet under the intermediate housing like my current hull---just requires 2 'street' 45 fittings

Weights:
bare hull: 113lbs
bottom only after defoaming/removing top deck: 61.6lbs

****UPDATE**** 85.2lbs with new top deck on and still need to reinforce sides and build lower nose lip

******UPDATE****** 267lbs ready to ride with a little gas, water in the bilge, fire extinguisher

old ski:
engine (longblock, electric box, cables, carbs, headpipe is the only thing removed): 80.4lbs
everything else (gas tank empty): 217.8lbs
bare hull with pump shoe, turf, front bumper: 119lbs
total weight ready to ride except gas: 298.2lbs

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

IMG_6540.JPG

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So, what's the plan?

Well, since I'm out of money already, just to let it sit in the garage and give the occasional elbow to my RN and snicker while saying "I'm replacing you eventually".

I really am not sure, either a Watercraft Factory top deck or Trinity once he gets into production on SJ stuff, and all budget constrained of course.

P

PancakePete

Cool ! I thought you were chopping the red ski !
Didnt know you were getting square bottom.
Then you have something to ride, until you
swap motors. good Idears. :veryhappy:

SuperJETT

Cool ! I thought you were chopping the red ski !
Didnt know you were getting square bottom.
Then you have something to ride, until you
swap motors. good Idears. :veryhappy:

Nah, I'll have to sell the roundnose hull (and possibly hood) before I can buy the new topdeck (and hood if needed).

P

PancakePete

Nah, I'll have to sell the roundnose hull (and possibly hood) before I can buy the new topdeck (and hood if needed).

Got Ya ! I guess do what you gotta do. But will still be fun to build something ! :biggthumpup:

SuperJETT

So what are you looking to get out of this opposed to a standard hull? Lighter weight? Custom tray? I haven't investigated the top deck conversions. The bottom deck will stay stock correct?

Lighter (somewhere around 20lbs based on other builds), wider tray and lower gunwales, more room inside the engine compartment, better looks, etc etc.

It just depends on which topdeck I can afford.

Then again, I might change my mind and just repaint my current hull.

Top Bottom