94 Blaster build

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
okay so i already did some stuff to the ski this summer.

Here are some pics.

stripped the stickers and added the pro taper bars this summer.

i also put in a 12/17 freeride skat mag, and TBM pump Hub. this stuff came out of my superjet.

has a K&N flame arrestor, pro tec ride plate and grate as well.

Attachments

• waveblaster 004.jpg
    waveblaster 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 140
  • blaster bars 001.jpg
    blaster bars 001.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 148
  • blaster bars 002.jpg
    blaster bars 002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 166
  • busted Square 005.jpg
    busted Square 005.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
did some footstraps and put a TDR squarenose waterbox in the rear of the ski.

the next step is to fit a wetjet pipe and wetjet carb and intake to the ski.

should make for a nice reliable blaster. of course without the factory pipe price tag... im not ready to drop 700 on a pipe again.

the next step is to clean the pipe, paint it, and find out how im going to make it fit in the hull... this might involve some clearancing.

i also plan on getting a new seat cover and lowering the seat some.

ps: drilling holes in 1/8" stainless farkin sucks:rocketwhore:

Attachments

• 61x parts 001.jpg
    61x parts 001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 61x parts 002.jpg
    61x parts 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 138
  • footstraps, SN box 001.jpg
    footstraps, SN box 001.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 150
  • footstraps, SN box 002.jpg
    footstraps, SN box 002.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 131
  • footstraps, SN box 003.jpg
    footstraps, SN box 003.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
not much better.... and huffing that body filler timmy was using didnt help me think any better...

my garage stinks they are in at least... and shouldnt ever go anywhere--that stainless is thick

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
recovered the seat... cost me 12 bucks for a yard of marine vinyl. 13 bucks for stainless staples. ill see how long this lasts... gotta get a cover for the ski now.

i cut three inches off the back of the seat and shaved the hump. i did a crap job on the back of the seat, there are a few wrinkles, but i used some dap weldwood to glue the cover to the seat foam. i think it will be alright because the ski is getting some spraybomb green after i do a little body work to make the exhaust fit.

if i know the ski runs and performs how it should with the wetjet pipe maybe next winter i will spend the time and paint it nice, and send the seat out to be professionally covered. for now my 30 dollar seat re-cover job will do the trick.

oh and we got snow... hopefully hunter mountain got some... ill be heading there tomorow to go snowboarding

Attachments

• seat cover.jpg
    seat cover.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 214

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
did a little bit more stuff.

got a pro tec pipe in there now, and a lightened 61x flywheel courtesy of #.0

I did a little port matching with the dremel on the pipe manifold. The gasket matched the cylinder perfectly and the manifold was off a little bit. I just opened the manifold to match the gasket.

my next step for this ski is a wetjet intake and carb setup and a milled stock head.

Next year ill probably glass up the back of the hull and maybe do a rear exhaust setup instead of the pump dump exhaust.

Attachments

• port matching 001.jpg
    port matching 001.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 100
  • port matching 002.jpg
    port matching 002.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 92
  • port matching 003.jpg
    port matching 003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 96
  • pro tec pipe.jpg
    pro tec pipe.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 168
  • pro tec pipe 002.jpg
    pro tec pipe 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 106

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
well i am putting dual 44's on my SJ, so i figured why not take the dual 38's on my sj and put them on the blaster.

I picked up a pro tec dual carb manifold for a 61x.

pics will follow in a couple days when i get around to making it work.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
here are the pics of the manifold and carbs.

Attachments

• carbs 001.jpg
    carbs 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 117
  • carbs 003.jpg
    carbs 003.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 38's.jpg
    38's.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 120
  • 38's (1).jpg
    38's (1).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
i forgot about this thread....

well those 38's rip pretty good for a stock boat with a pipe and a lightweight stocker flywheel. i even left the stock reeds in there too.

it pulls super hard in the midrange and is probably in the high 40's mph wise.

i just swapped the springs from the stock ones to 80 gram in the carb, hopefully this helps me on the bottom end a bit. i switched from stock flame arrestor to riva F/A's

the factory pipe superjet jetting that i had setup in the carbs works great up top and in the midrange though. im going to ride it again sunday and see if the lower popoff helps the bottom end any.

riding with footstraps is ten times better in the surf i think thats the best mod i did.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
rode the blaster today in some head high+ waves. since i put an msd cdi in and swapped back to an 08 SJ prop with stock tailcone the ski really goes better.

the TBM pump cone and 12/17 was a bit much for a stock 61x motor.

getting rid of the rev limiter is one of the most needed mods on a blaster after riding it today. now all i have to do is buy a head shell and girdle kit since i already have some 35cc domes here.

hey! where did you get that waterbox..... i actually fit a wetjet pipe into my blaster. had to cut a football sized hole in the left side front foot tray. don`t even notice it when riding though. also had to tilt the mounting for the ebox and drill new holes on the left side. the set up works mint! b pipe boys rip on it and say it`s heavy. but when i`m passing them.......... who cares what it weighs
did some footstraps and put a TDR squarenose waterbox in the rear of the ski.

the next step is to fit a wetjet pipe and wetjet carb and intake to the ski.

should make for a nice reliable blaster. of course without the factory pipe price tag... im not ready to drop 700 on a pipe again.

the next step is to clean the pipe, paint it, and find out how im going to make it fit in the hull... this might involve some clearancing.

i also plan on getting a new seat cover and lowering the seat some.

ps: drilling holes in 1/8" stainless farkin sucks:rocketwhore:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I ended up using a pro tec pipe. Didn't want to cut the hull up for the wetjet. The waterbox was a tdr for a Squarenose. I ended up swapping that out for a stock raider box in the rear of the ski.

Top Bottom