B-pipe dual cooling routing

tbaer

USMC
I know this topics has been:deadhorse: but all of the tread I have searched are so confusing. I have dual cooling and a i just put a b pipe on. can someone please draw me a diagram on how to route the cooling lines? Do I have to use a flow conrol valve? if so is there a cheaper alternative to the jet works valve which is about 40 bones? please post up a paint shop diagram showing me how.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
some people just use a restrictor instead of a flow control.

for 40 bucks its a big help... you already spent a couple hundo on a b pipe... why not just spend 40 bucks more and have the adjustability of the flow control.(my .02) i have mine set up with a zip tie holding it on so i can adjust it on the fly.

my cooling is set up in a parallel system. one line dedicated to the pipe, on line dedicated to the motor.

there are plenty of paint pictures floating around... ill try to find the one that i run.

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
good info in there.

i went with this setup... but there are many setups out there and they all work... just differently.

pic is courtesy of #.0 in that thread

Attachments

• water%20routing.jpg
    water%20routing.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 935

The Penguin

triple secret probation
here's how my 2 motors are set up (under guidance from builders - not my routing)

Attachments

• water routing1.JPG
    water routing1.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 870
  • water routing2.JPG
    water routing2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 878

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
Great info thank's guy's I am running my bypass to the handlebar's for heat I probably should tee that to bypass so when I want to regulate the bar heat.

Last edited:
Q

QuickMick

good info in there.

i went with this setup... but there are many setups out there and they all work... just differently.

pic is courtesy of #.0 in that thread

I must say the drawing by #.0 was drawn much better than yours Penguin.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Mine is set up the same way as Penguin 's right side drawing .. I was told that you want the cold water to cool the hottest part first.... the manifold.
This time of year I have both bypass( pissers ) diverted to hand warmers/ foot warmers.

Last edited:
Q

QuickMick

I took #0's drawing and modified it to reflect my routing.

but who asked you anyway? you don't even own a b-pipe. :stooges:

:bsflag: hahaha what do you think is in my blaster?

dont be scared of the dry pipe in my AV.

Last edited by a moderator:

tbaer

USMC
ADA head?

i have an r and d head right now but i just got a smokin deal on an ada girdled head with 33cc domes for $80 shipped

Great info. I am glad everybody didn't come back with :shocked: "why don't you search blah blah blah...:censored:" so Thanks to every one who is actually trying to be cool and help!:fing02:

Great info thank's guy's I am running my bypass to the handlebar's for heat I probably should tee that to bypass so when I want to regulate the bar heat.
On the 94 -95 it has one big line and 2 smalls. You have the one big line set for dual cooling going to the exh mani right? the 1 small to the pipe? and what with the 3rd?

Top Bottom