Used 550sx 701 Conversion Ski - $1700

Hey all - judging interest in my 1990 550sx/701 conversion ski. This build was modeled after "Pretty Red" over on PWCToday in a sense that the outside is meant to look like a beater ski. I used the Rhass conversion kit and have a 19* SKAT straight pitch impeller in the 550pump. 61X/61X 701 from a Wetjet, 44SBN and standard 61x intake. Scoop Intake Grate, finned TR Designs rideplate, straight bars, ODI Grips, Finger Throttle, Seadoo XP waterbox, redone JSS ebox and MSD wires/boots, single 500gph rule bilge pump with waterproof toggle, lanyard kill switch conversion. The ski has a b-pipe exhaust manifold, 650sx cheater pipe (extended 3inches) with a 550sx westcoast cone. The picture below shows a bit of the outside (white ski behind the FX1). Also, please note that the engine picture still shows the wetjet 46sbn and wetjet intake. I moved this intake and carb over to the FX1 this summer so will not be coming with the ski, just a standard 44sbn and 61x intake. Has been converted to internal fill due to the XP waterbox.

Ski is stored about 1.5 hours from me, next time I am there I would be glad to take any pictures requested as well as get a compression reading for each cylinder. I have loved this ski but realized that I am only riding it rarely due to all my time being spent on the FX1. I have probably only put 3 hours on it this summer

Located in Lavonia, GA or Greenville, SC. Would prefer to sell locally and not ship. I would like to sell this to someone who understands skis and not a craigslist joker. Feel free to let me know any questions, etc.

Thanks!550 Build.JPGFX1 - 1.JPGIMG_1824.JPGIMG_1825.JPGIMG_1827.JPGIMG_1828.JPGIMG_1831.JPGIMG_1836.JPGIMG_1837.JPGIMG_1838.JPG

Last edited:
I sold my two resto mod 550's two winters ago. Sorry this is my last 550 left. Actually really pains me to see it go. Having one kid in diapers and another on the way, just dont have the time to give it the love it needs.

It is- been using it before the 4th at Lake Hartwell only used it two times this spring so far. Feel free to PM me a number and glad to give you a call about it

I have gotten compression readings from both cylinders as well as a video of it running. I have noticed the bulb primer does not seem to work, so i primed the lines before starting in the video (PM me for the video, i think i have to send via email)

Attachments

• Front Cylinder Compression.png
    Front Cylinder Compression.png
    566.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Rear Cylinder Compression1.png
    Rear Cylinder Compression1.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Rear Cylinder Compression1.png
    Rear Cylinder Compression1.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Front Cylinder Compression.png
    Front Cylinder Compression.png