New Billet RN Pole to SN Conversion Bracket "Hazard Bracket"

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Update 2021: Check the end of the thread for status on brackets. I am still making these occasionally. I am now selling these in plain mill finish. That means they will have some surface imperfections, but nothing that will affect performance. This makes them cheaper for everyone and I can get them out faster. Thanks for the continued interest everyone! Brackets now come with billet spacers instead of washers.

Current price shipped to the lower 48 is $175

IMG_20161127_214818205_HDR[1].jpg

I made this bracket for myself because I didn't like the other options for the conversion out there. A few people asked me to make one for them, so I've been having them made in small batches.

With this bracket, you can use the existing pole bolt and hood hooks (in their original locations) and rubber hose cover. It is designed to use the RN spring. There is enough up-travel to get the hood off with an un-modified pole. So basically all you need for a conversion is a RN Pole and spring. Everything else swaps over. I do not have any up-stops built in, so a limiting rope is recommended.

I've heard some concerns about the lack of a pole-lock to hold it up. If you use an aftermarket RN spring, it will hold itself up almost all the way so the stop is not needed.

If you want a direct swap, use a 96-07 pole. An 08+ pole will require an 08+ steering cable unless you really like rigging things.

I have these made in small batches and get more when I run out.

Old Update: I had one person send in a picture of a pole spring that didn't line up very well with the spring hole in the bracket. It was at an angle and was locking itself in position. If you run into this, bend the leg of the spring slightly so that it can move (see crappy drawing) The spring should be able to pull in and out slightly as you move the pole.

See the rest of the thread for more installed pics!

Old Update again: The Hazard Bracket has been redesigned. There is now a spring slot instead of a spring hole and I got rid of some pointless machining. See last pic in this post. Assembly, pivot position, and attachment points remain the same.

Attachments

• Conversion Bracket.jpg
    Conversion Bracket.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,744
  • DSC_8293.jpg
    DSC_8293.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,701
  • DSC_8294.jpg
    DSC_8294.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,940
  • spring work.jpg
    spring work.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,589
Last edited:
Reactions: 37

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Old post is old. Updating and removing some pics. Current brackets look like first post.

Attachments

• DSC_7963.jpg
    DSC_7963.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,673
  • DSC_7967.jpg
    DSC_7967.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,765
Last edited:

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Rubber strip might work as a stopper. The SN pole mount is so flimsy, you're better off stopping it with a rope anyway unless you have it reinforced.

The SN Steering components will bolt right onto a RN Pole. The RN pole will fit a SN bracket, but it takes a lot of grinding and rigging, which is why I made this bracket.

Last edited:

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
will the bracket bolt off the sn be the right size for your bracket

Yes, the pole bolt from the SN will work. That is why I supply the SS washers. The RN pole is narrower than the SN so you either need to add the supplied spacers, or thread the bolt further.

kraqus

Site Supporter
You might know more about this....
I read somewhere in the forum that the stock RN bracket fits a SN but you have to drill new mounting holes.....any thoughts on that?
Nice bracket by the way. I have a complete RN pole with bracket and all. I want to swap it as easily as possible.

Kraqus

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I haven't tried it myself, but from what I've read, the RN bracket won't allow the pole to tilt up very far because it was designed to be mounted at a different angle.

Fro Diesel

creative control
You might know more about this....
I read somewhere in the forum that the stock RN bracket fits a SN but you have to drill new mounting holes.....any thoughts on that?
Nice bracket by the way. I have a complete RN pole with bracket and all. I want to swap it as easily as possible.

Kraqus

i tried it and it works, but not a good fir and finish with the hoodhooks or anything else. I used a stock length Blowsion rn bracket on my SN and would not suggest it to anyone. It hit the hood everywhere i moved it. Drilled so many holes i had to reinforce underside.

Sure wish this was around back then. good product!

And stock rn bracket goes to high(lowered bracket will work), and Fyrhazard is right at that pole will not tilt up.

I have made that rn pole to sn bracket mod and i will say that it is so much work that i had to say it is easier to buy this or similar bracket. At mine buildup there is some pictures. I had relocate those hood hooks and grind down that pole end. Lots of work and still this bracket much better because it uses rn polespring. Also that sn bracket is junk, it is very flexible and weak.

kraqus

Site Supporter
Can you also built a one piece under plate? The one the bracket bolts on to it for support? You know the stock ones (2 small) are weak. I am very interested.....should order soon....paypal?

Kraqus

Last edited:
The plate that comes underneath came as one single plate end to end but there was also a version that was just one plate left side and one right side.

I have ordered one and if it arrives before 4th of July ( wink wink ;) I will post some more pics.

The great thing its all bolt on and you will not have to change the hoodhooks or your hood or drill extra holes as with a oem RN pole,

Great product for a reasonable price :bananajump::bananajump:

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Well you will have to drill one hole for the spring end, unless you cut the spring short. But yeah otherwise it is a direct bolt-on

kraqus

Site Supporter
The plate that comes underneath came as one single plate end to end but there was also a version that was just one plate left side and one right side.

I have ordered one and if it arrives before 4th of July ( wink wink ;) I will post some more pics.

The great thing its all bolt on and you will not have to change the hoodhooks or your hood or drill extra holes as with a oem RN pole,

Great product for a reasonable price :bananajump::bananajump:

Yep, I got the wimpy version on both my SN and RN. I will be reinforcing that area and also want to change to a single plate. It definitely helps to disperse the load....

Kraqus

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Kraqus wanted a new backing plate as well, so I got a couple made up. Here are pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 997
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 940
Top Bottom