where to get domes cleaned up on a fixed dome head

junkyardj

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
i have a head it like to get cleaned up, its a little munched but id like to save it... i guess all im asking is if any guys on the site are offering this service? i realise there might be a change in cc but if the squish is the same i should be ok

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I haven't had one done in a while but I used to send them to Rossier to have them reworked,I believe they got around $75.00 to repair one,which is reasonable considering they first had to mill down the head ,then recut the domes.I would contact Group K directly for their pricing.

any local machine shop with any kind of skill can do this. if they take 20 thou out of one dome then they should take 20 thou out of the other an then take the appropriate amount off the gasket surface. This will make it all good again.

junkyardj

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I haven't had one done in a while but I used to send them to Rossier to have them reworked,I believe they got around $75.00 to repair one,which is reasonable considering they first had to mill down the head ,then recut the domes.I would contact Group K directly for their pricing.

cool, good to know someone had it done and is happy with the results

how bad is it?
dremel tool can clean up little stuff :pancake:

i cleaned it up a bit but id like to have it perfect

any local machine shop with any kind of skill can do this. if they take 20 thou out of one dome then they should take 20 thou out of the other an then take the appropriate amount off the gasket surface. This will make it all good again.

i would like to send it to someone on the site but if it doesnt work out maybe ill just do it this way..

thanks for the help guys

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I have a special fixture for machining the domes on one piece heads and can give you just about any bore size, squish angle, squish gap, bowl shape, o-rings etc.

If you just need the squish band cleaned up from some deto damage, it will be 30 bucks plus return shipping cost.

I believe the Riva one piece heads had a .032" squish gap and if they're machined a little it won't hurt the performance too much.

junkyardj

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I have a special fixture for machining the domes on one piece heads and can give you just about any bore size, squish angle, squish gap, bowl shape, o-rings etc.

If you just need the squish band cleaned up from some deto damage, it will be 30 bucks plus return shipping cost.

I believe the Riva one piece heads had a .032" squish gap and if they're machined a little it won't hurt the performance too much.

sounds like exactly what i was looking for, love this site!
pm on the way:arms:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Here's the before and after pictures of the Riva head.

I cut around .010" off the squish band and enlarged the domes from 31cc to 33cc's.

Attachments

• DSC01555.jpg
    DSC01555.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC01559.jpg
    DSC01559.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC01557.jpg
    DSC01557.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 106

junkyardj

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Here's the before and after pictures of the Riva head.

I cut around .010" off the squish band and enlarged the domes from 31cc to 33cc's.

OMG amazing work man!! im really happy ill be able to keep that because i have the matching spacer

again nice work as always!!:notworthy:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Did this one tonight while I had the machine setup for heads.

Here's what the stock head looks like with viton o-rings and combustion chambers machined to 34cc's.

Attachments

• DSC01564.jpg
    DSC01564.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC01566.jpg
    DSC01566.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 75
how much compression would the stock head at 34cc produce?? Also how does the oring head machined for orings hold up?? I have heard mixed things about this. Looks like some really nice work...how much would you charge to have this done?`

Top Bottom