Frozen lakes = a new kind of fun

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
A friend of ours builds and fly's these plans as a side business. This video is 2 winters ago and since then his equipment has come a long ways. He's shooting in HD now and also has a down link system that allows him to view what the camera is filming from the ground.

Check it out.

http://whispershots.smugmug.com/

the ability to view what is being recorded on the ground from the air has been around for five plus years. i will sell you my kit if you want it.
800mw in color. 1200foot range. fly off camera. fly with a 7inch lcd monitor. i bought all the stuff to do it.

Last edited:

Moto360

Torrent Pumps
Very cool video!! Nothing like getting more time on the MX bikes. I assume that all those bike are seriously rejetted. My 450 probably would start very hard that cold. Might have to warm it up at home in the garage and be close to the lake. Or bring a portable heater.

OH yeah I am jealous!!!

Moto360

PS Now you need to build some jumps....HAHA

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
[I assume that all those bike are seriously rejetted. My 450 probably would start very hard that cold. Might have to warm it up at home in the garage and be close to the lake. Or bring a portable heater.

I'm up three sizes on my main and two on the pilot (riding my Husky SM510r this year). Seems to run pretty good right there. On my 250f kawi I think I was up two on the main and one on the pilot.

I drive the black van you see parked next to the track. Big van + bike inside = warm engine to start :)

PS Now you need to build some jumps....HAHA[/QUOTE]

We've had some jumps in the past, but the are super hard to build firm enough and dumb a$$ snowmobiles and atv riders kept tearing them up.

Moto360

Torrent Pumps
That is a good idea. Didn't think of the van thing!! Yeah I have sleds also. And I know what you mean them not leaving the jumps alone.
About the jetting. Yeah going to earily spring races, the bike starts so hard and run sooooo lean. Fuel screw way out!!!

Still looks like fun would like to try some time. I get caught up in sleds and building ski in the winter to try to do something else.

Moto360

that looks really fun. My buddy and I in Minnesota (when I lived there) like to play around on the lakes in our trucks. Didn't know motorcycles worked well on the ice.

l_467392b453422ea12c67709c9c8864ed.jpg

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Thats absolutely Kickass! How do you plot the track? Drag a road chain behind a truck?

Next time get the pilot to get ballsy and fly in close chase cam style.... !~

The drones are comming, the drones are comming. That looks so fun ! I miss my bike.

Last edited:

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Its Madison Lake, MN. I should have some helmet cam footage after this weekend. I'm no longer living / riding near the friend that has the plane, so now arial footage for a while :(

As far a the track we just plow it off with a truck. After doing it a few times you learn what works and what doesn't. After its plowed we usually use and ATV w/plow to keep it cleaned off or if we get REALLY lucky a street sweeper.

Top Bottom