701 SN SJ. Porposing

Ive cut the entire tray and side walls off, and holy crap is it hard to dig that foam out.

Can that little drip hole that i patched up really cause the entire hull to be water logged? Im worried theres other leak areas. I also noticed the ride plate mounts go right into the foam, seems like water could get threw the screws there? Im also having troubles defoaming around the pvc pipe to inspect breakage. Maybe the pvc pipe or exhaust seals are leaking. Anyone have any tips? Maybe just get it refoamed and work on sealing it from the outside?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Yes it sucks. You can try a wire wheel on a drill or a pressure washer etc. Add real drain plugs to the rear and use solid foam like the sheets of the "pink stuff" at home depot. Do not use pool noodles as they absorb water eventually.

E350

Site Supporter
Yes it sucks. You can try a wire wheel on a drill or a pressure washer etc. Add real drain plugs to the rear and use solid foam like the sheets of the "pink stuff" at home depot. Do not use pool noodles as they absorb water eventually.

Yes, pool noodles are made of ethafoam which is what we used to carve bulkheads out of for our fiberglass white water kayaks. And it does absorb water. Styrofoam does not.

What is a drain plug?

And Ryan, where are you in Idaho?

Why would i not use 2 part foam for everything, that stuff absorbs? So. Basically just planning ahead for the inevitable leaks into the hull? And sorry, can you expand on what you said on drain plugs. Where and what are those?

Yes, pool noodles are made of ethafoam which is what we used to carve bulkheads out of for our fiberglass white water kayaks. And it does absorb water. Styrofoam does not.

What is a drain plug?

And Ryan, where are you in Idaho?
Im on the nampa valley which is apart of Boise

Here are my concern areas. Should i just glob some resin and cabosil or marine colk and throw it over the concern areas before i foam?

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_115911.jpg
    IMG_20200802_115911.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200802_115916.jpg
    IMG_20200802_115916.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200802_115926.jpg
    IMG_20200802_115926.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 63

E350

Site Supporter
The Bladder outside of Nampa!
(Not me, but I have "tried" to surf there... The avatar photo of my van was taken there. )

Last edited:

E350

Site Supporter
Hmmm... We have kayaked from Stanley area on the M.F. Salmon to the Main a number of times.

(Hot springs near camp every other night!)

I like Crouch. And where can we jet ski around McCall?

Hmmm... We have kayaked from Stanley area on the M.F. Salmon to the Main a number of times.

(Hot springs near camp every other night!)

I like Crouch. And where can we jet ski around McCall?

Mccall is a town at the foot of payette lake. If you want the best kayaking / jeskiing / camping experience there is a campground that you dont have to reserve at the north side of the lake. Called north beach. Its like 20$ a night you slip into a envelope. And your three minutes away from the best relaxing kayakeing, hiking, and a dock to unload jetskiis.

Or just find air bnb around mccall.

E350

Site Supporter
We have kayaked a couple of forks the Payette. I know it is not a hairball run, but I love the BEAUTIFUL Cabarton run on the N.F. of the Payette which ends in the hoot Howard's Plunge! And we have looked at the whitewater park in McCall when we stopped to get sandwiches. Did not know there was a Payette Lake. I think my wife and I may need to bring the jet skis next Summer and get our friends to come over from Menan.

Hey guys, i bought 5200 marine colk. And i kinds just threw it everywhere. Every bar and pvc pipe seemed to have a leak at the end. Did i go overboard ? Or any other tips before i foam it up? I think im using 2 part foam for everything? I dont want this thing to leak again

Pics of colk and it defoamed

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_122633.jpg
    IMG_20200808_122633.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200808_122628.jpg
    IMG_20200808_122628.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200808_122626.jpg
    IMG_20200808_122626.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200808_122614.jpg
    IMG_20200808_122614.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 54
IMG_20200822_131253.jpg
I foamed up the bottom and sanded it flat. Which made doing two layers of biax ontop real easy to do. I also had a good idea of pouring foam on the side walls and putting my cutout footholds back in and just pushing on it with my hands till it hardened (4 min). Then i just layed a cloth tape along the seam. Easy peasy. No clamps or screwing needed.

Top Bottom