Finally bought a standup! 01 SJ...

** updated pics scroll down!**
So I had enough of the snow up here in MD and VA and decided to go down to boca raton to pick up an 01 SJ. Nice shape and the seller couldn't have been easier to deal with. Left on saturday, rode on sunday and monday. Winterized and shrinkwrapped at the ramp at lake monroe and drove straight back returning to VA Tuesday 7am. I bought a towing hitch for my tdi golf and it did great. I didn't feel like burning the fuel in the CTD mega cab to go down there. Probably still got around 48-50 mpg's towing the ski.
sj1.jpg

IMAGE_089.jpg

Gotta *try* to go easy on the mods since I bought the 35' cruiser last year..
IMAGE_060.jpg

12.jpg

Should be a fun summer :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! The SJ won't look bone stock much longer, it goes under the knife soon. Already ordered a bunch of goodies... bpipe, turf + footholds etc.. The boat is new, picked it up as an 08 leftover.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Wow that thing is a cherry! I just got my first RN SJ, but i towed mine home with a Honda civic, which did pretty good.

i saw that ski on craigslist for awhile now..i wish i had the money to get it, but i was short a couple k...lol. nice looking ski tho! congrats

haha.. thanks for all the kind words everybody. ordered biax fg this week and just finished pulling the motor and stripping the bay. figured the hull is paper thin, may as well do it now..

Finished all the mods to the ski a few weeks ago and then figured out a way to tow it behind the boat. Worked out really well but I have to go 30ish mph to keep it behind the "V" of the wake. I used a west marine towable and 40' floating rope. I'll post up close up pics here soon. Mods included a color change to match the big boat :)
IMAGE_159.jpg

Penken

whoomp there it is!
cant you get the standup on the boat? i bet it´s ok if you look at it at all times.
my father in laws friend did that on his huge million dollar boat but the ski was a couch a rxt 255 or what they are called. he towed it fine at first and thought everything was ok. and when he came back the only thing to be seen was abit of the bottom of the hull. ski tipped over and sank. that 4 stroke is a bitch to get dry.

here's a better updated pic. got my first taste of surf riding this past weekend on it and I'm hooked. I'll probably drop a billet stroker in if I don't move to a bigger cruiser this summer. Tom 21 hood, wammer and jetmaniac parts. Love the hood strap.
IMAG0133.jpg

Here's the yacht I'm trying to move on. Maybe some of you S. Fl guys have seen it. The sj will look small on the back! I *need* a hydraulic swim platform, washer dryer and twin IPS turbo diesels..
3584098_20110408115203_2_LARGE.jpg

Last edited:
couple shots of how I set up my JM strap and firewall. Used a blue LED same courtesy lighting that I have on the cruiser. It indicates visually when the bilges are running. A couple at my marina does canvas work so they stitched this up with marine thread for like $20.00
DSCN1397.jpg

DSCN1396.jpg

DSCN1395.jpg

Top Bottom