Freestyle (Superfreak Inspired ) RN Superjet build

mademan9

I ride a SuperFrk WannaBe
So I purchased the 97 rn that mcdog was selling. Here is a pic if you forgot what it looked like. It was stripped down but fully reinforced.
first.jpgsecond.jpg
And of course I couldnt afford a superfreak. But it inspired me to take a few ideas from those amazing skis. The obvice is the swoopp in the tray like the one in the pic.
superfreak1.jpg
Then after reading a bunch of post, I decided to go further with a few other mods. So here is my build. Its a bunch of pics, so I hope eveyone enjoys.

mademan9

The beginning

97 round nose superjet. it weighted in at 127 when it showed up (no hood)

MODS: and suppliers

-xmetal waterbox
-wmetal fuel cap
-xmetal trim (JetManiac)
-xmetal shorty steering
-xmetal straight bars
-xmetal throttle lever
-xmetal hood hooks (Jetmaniac)
-xmetal exhasut outlet

new midshaft asmb (Jetmaniac)
raider nozzles (Jetmaniac)
Carb rebuild kit (Jetmaniac)
Primer kit ( Jetmaniac)
In the process of getting my motor built by ( Jetmaniac and Blue) 718!!!!
running dual 38's, with factory air filters
-factory b pipe bored (Jetmaniac)
-ADA head 35 domes
-cold fusion billet flywheel cover (Jetmaniac)

-615 water pissers
-615 bilge outlets
-615 lowered pole bracket
-615 wdk hood and nose pc
-615 rotary switch

-xft carbon fiber pole

-Atp engine stopper
-hull hooks (Al//gsx//sj )
-fuel tank (Al//gsx//sj )

And Im sure other stuff just cant remember everything.
Hull mods
-shorting 3''
-widening the tray
-inclosed in footholds
-swoop in tray like superfreak
-back side exhaust
-delete exterior fuel filler
-defoam and refoam
-custom made battery holder

Last edited:

mademan9

The first thing I did was cut the 3'' off the back.1a.jpg2a.jpg
When cutting dont forget to remember the rideplate stud. thats what Im cutting out in the next picture. 4a.jpg Here It is5a.jpg your going to have to glass this back in .
And of course I had to take all the foam out to begin all the fabing3a.jpg
The tool of chose was a jigsaw and a sawzall. and a hammer to get the dry foam out.

Last edited:

mademan9

Once I cut the back I had to smooth out the edges . I used a grinder with a soft pad. Becareful because the soft pad can cut into the glass if your not careful.8a.jpg6a.jpg7a.jpg
After getting the shape I wanted I duct taped the outside , so I can glass from inside.9a.jpg10a.jpg
If you noticed also I cut the side walls in the tray in order to get to the bottom of the hull. I didnt cut the whole tray out, only the sides. If I were to do it again I would cut the bottom of the tray. It made it a lot harder to get my hands down in there to glass.

Attachments

• 11a.jpg
    11a.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

mademan9

I forgot on the last post, I layed 4 layers of fiberglass on each side. you can never be to safe.
Moving on. In the next pics you see me sticking my foot in my footholds with a aluminum pc sticking out. I manage a insulation company so we have what is called a aluminum 90.
I found a small one and bent it to fit the footholds.12a.jpg11a.jpg
I dont have a pic of the next step, but I went ahead and glassed over the al 90 . Once it was dryed I removed the 90 to reveal a inclosed in footholds.
this Is a pic of were the exhasut will be ran. 13a.jpg

mademan9

Now you can see how the glass came out after the duct tape was removed. Solid like a rock.14a.jpg
Here is another pic showing the footholds. It looks a little crooked becasue I just put them on top to take a pic15a.jpg
Picc of the side exhaust hole16a.jpg

mademan9

I found a pc of cardboard to make me a template for the side walls.18a.jpg17a.jpg All you need to do is make one for both sides. I wasnet sure If I was going to make a straight cut or the swoop.
As you can See I made the swoop.20a.jpg19a.jpg

mademan9

Now that I got the tray cut I could mess with the exhaust outlet. i forgot to mention that I got rid of the scupper and the factory exhaust tube. i welded a straight pc to the outlet then put a ss braided hose to attach to the new ss tube that was installed.9.jpg9.jpg10.jpg
pencil.png

mademan9

After sanding, I found a pretty bad cut on the bottom of the hull. It didnt go thru the hull. it wasent that deep. But I figured I should fix it being that Im already in this process. So I cleaned the area up real well with acetone and spread some resin on top. 17.jpg
After it harden , once again time to SAND!! 18.jpg
I also filled in the fuel filler area. that was a little difficult. I had to turn the ski at a certain angle in order for the glass to stay in one spot and not drip all over the place. I built up a moutain of resin and then SANDed it down. This is the out come.19.jpg No Bondo.
I also layed a layer of 2x2 twill carbon fiber on the back for a little cosmetic carbon. But it also is for strength.
20.jpg21.jpg

mademan9

How long did it take you for all this progress? Looks great by the way, Im thinking of doing the same thing soon!
Will it didnt take long at all. I started at the end of october, but my little boy was born Nov 1St.So that put me on hold for about 3 weeks. If I were to guess probably a week. when your waiting on one thing you can do something else. So thats how I got so much done.

mademan9

Once I got everything sanded down and clean up It was time for paint. Im going with a candy apple red. All the paint was bought from auto zone. Duplicolor qts.
First step Primer. After it was primed my warehousemen and I wet sanded it .
23.jpg22.jpg24.jpg
Thanks Chad, thats the big guy in the pic

mademan9

NOw for the candy. Color- Candy apple red and 4 coats of clear. It didnt come as dark as I liked but it looks really good. the pictures make it look a little orange
27.jpg28.jpg30.jpg29.jpg
Here is a pic with the xmetal fuel cap. Pretty close in color39.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom