New Billet RN Pole to SN Conversion Bracket "Hazard Bracket"

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I am currently sold out, guys. I plan to make more but don't know when they'll be ready. It usually takes a few months.

After building my ski, I realized how easy it is to just add some glass to reinforce the inside of the handlepole bracket area. Then fill in the holes for your old bracket with cabosil or some chopped strand, then mount whatever handlepole bracket you want. But this conversion bracket would make it even easier... especially if you don't want to change anything and be able to get the ski back to "stock"

Update 2018: Check the end of the thread for status on brackets. I am still making these occasionally. I am now selling these in plain mill finish. That means they will have some surface imperfections, but nothing that will affect performance. This makes them cheaper for everyone and I can get them out faster. Thanks for the continued interest everyone! Brackets now come with billet spacers instead of washers.

Current price shipped to the lower 48 is $135

View attachment 329482

I made this bracket for myself because I didn't like the other options for the conversion out there. A few people asked me to make one for them, so I've been having them made in small batches.

With this bracket, you can use the existing pole bolt and hood hooks (in their original locations) and rubber hose cover. It is designed to use the RN spring. There is enough up-travel to get the hood off with an un-modified pole. So basically all you need for a conversion is a RN Pole and spring. Everything else swaps over. I do not have any up-stops built in, so a limiting rope is recommended.

I've heard some concerns about the lack of a pole-lock to hold it up. If you use an aftermarket RN spring, it will hold itself up almost all the way so the stop is not needed.

If you want a direct swap, use a 96-07 pole. An 08+ pole will require an 08+ steering cable unless you really like rigging things.

I have these made in small batches and get more when I run out.

Old Update: I had one person send in a picture of a pole spring that didn't line up very well with the spring hole in the bracket. It was at an angle and was locking itself in position. If you run into this, bend the leg of the spring slightly so that it can move (see crappy drawing) The spring should be able to pull in and out slightly as you move the pole.

See the rest of the thread for more installed pics!

Old Update again: The Hazard Bracket has been redesigned. There is now a spring slot instead of a spring hole and I got rid of some pointless machining. See last pic in this post. Assembly, pivot position, and attachment points remain the same.
Will you send me your phone number my name is mike thanks 813-690-6343

Top Bottom