DISCONTINUING THE SUPERJET????

E350

Site Supporter
Uh what? Are you just saying this because you don't like the graphics?

Love you brother!

First, I may not know how to ride well, but I do know how to speak relatively well. So, if I meant that I hated the graphics I would have said that. Please look at the Sano 4x4 van in my avatar. Crisp bright white and uncluttered is what I like. So, I like the graphics.

My speculation is about the motives of the couch potatoes who put that ski out without graphics. Not about my preferences. My speculation is that there was no graphics budget for this ski IMHO. Because they don't have faith that it will make the budget expenditure back in sales. And my guess is that they are wrong.

Last edited:

E350

Site Supporter
No longer a Super Jet? Are we supposed to "be mad" because its not the same basic hull and motor as yamaha has been selling since 1990? Its the next generation, they needed an update. There will still be plenty of 2 stroke superjets that have been made over the last 30 years floating around the classifieds for anyone who still wants to buy a 2 stroke.

Trademarks are funny things. When a manufacturer abandons a trademark it says it is abandoning its lineage.

In this case though, I think Yamaha's attorney is trying to create a new and possibly stronger trademark by combining the two formerly separate words "Super Jet" to "Superjet." It was not necessary given Yamaha's uninterrupted 24 history of use. I just find it interesting. But that's me. It is truly ok if you don't find it interesting.

1597253621901.png

Last edited:
Just in case anyone else has tried it - the dealer I requested a test ride from called back and basically said "sorry we can't offer that, I think it's a glitch on yamaha's website" because they don't have a local lake to give the test ride and probably will only receive a handful of superjets pending pre-order fulfillment later part of the year...

Trademarks are funny things. When a manufacturer abandons a trademark it says it is abandoning its lineage.

In this case though, I think Yamaha's attorneys are trying to create a new and possibly stronger trademark by combining the two formerly separate words "Super Jet" to "Superjet." It was not necessary given Yamaha's uninterrupted 24 history of use. I just find it interesting. But that's me. It is truly ok if you don't find it interesting.
Sorry I guess I must have just been too excited to have a new platform to build for the next 30 years to look into yamaha's wording and their trademarks..

Last edited:
I’m impressed with the weight and I like the addition of adjustable parts. The length isn’t terrible and the hull looks pretty nice, so the simple apprearance is growing on me. An RRP handlepole, a ton more tray padding, and a couple of bolt on parts might make it a fun ski to surf ride. Time will tell.

Love you brother!

First, I may not know how to ride well, but I do know how to speak relatively well. So, if I meant that I hated the graphics I would have said that. Please look at the Sano 4x4 van in my avatar. Crisp bright white and uncluttered is what I like. So, I like the graphics.

My speculation is about the motives of the couch potatoes who put that ski out without graphics. Not about my preferences. My speculation is that there was no graphics budget for this ski IMHO. Because they don't have faith that it will make the budget expenditure back in sales. And my guess is that they are wrong.

Do you really imagine a Yamaha exec. laughing and saying, 'HA, no graphics for you! This will never sell!'? Or after the hundreds of NRE engineering hours, 'yeah guys, I don't know, we just don't have anything left in the tank for graphics this time..' I don't know what their graphic inspiration was, but man, you say some whack stuff.

Too bad they didn't call it something else and keep the old 2 stroke version. Then no one could b*tch and complain. I'll be curious to see a direct comparison between the new SuperJet and the old SXR since they are somewhat similar in dimensions and weight.

E350

Site Supporter
Do you really imagine a Yamaha exec. laughing and saying, 'HA, no graphics for you! This will never sell!'? Or after the hundreds of NRE engineering hours, 'yeah guys, I don't know, we just don't have anything left in the tank for graphics this time..' I don't know what their graphic inspiration was, but man, you say some whack stuff.

I definitely say some whack stuff sometimes. Take a look at this, maybe you are better reading it than me: [The losses are in "( )"]

1597257614004.png

Isn't that almost a 90,000,000,000 yen swing from 54,803,000,000 yen comprehensive income to a 33,189,000,000 yen comprehensive loss for just the first six months of this year?

I am crappy at numbers and even worse at reading financial reports, so the full Business Results for the First Six Months of the Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2020 (January 1, 2020 through June30, 2020) (Japanese GAAP) August 6, 2020 is available here:

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/ir/library/report/pdf/2020/2020report-q2-e.pdf

My spidey sense tells me that we should each send Scott Watkins a big "Thank You!" email for getting the new SJ out the door during this pandemic year.

In this case though, I think Yamaha's attorney is trying to create a new and possibly stronger trademark by combining the two formerly separate words "Super Jet" to "Superjet." It was not necessary given Yamaha's uninterrupted 24 history of use. I just find it interesting. But that's me. It is truly ok if you don't find it interesting.

View attachment 399778
the filing date is whats interesting- because every model year from 2004 to present day has been identified as a “Superjet“ as evident by the graphics used over that 16 year period.

Though I’m sad to see the ol smoker go, I like that Yamaha has stepped up to the plate bringing something new to the class. It certainly indicates they intend to stay in the game. The new Superjet has many positive attributes and far outweighing any negatives and it’s only going to get better as AM products become available.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I definitely say some whack stuff sometimes. Take a look at this, maybe you are better reading it than me: [The losses are in "( )"]

View attachment 399798

Isn't that almost a 90,000,000,000 yen swing from 54,803,000,000 yen comprehensive income to a 33,189,000,000 yen comprehensive loss for just the first six months of this year?

I am crappy at numbers and even worse at reading financial reports, so the full Business Results for the First Six Months of the Fiscal YearEndingDecember 31, 2020(January 1, 2020throughJune30, 2020)(JapaneseGAAP) August6, 2020 is available here:

My spidey sense tells me that we should each send Scott Watkins a big "Thank You!" email for getting the new SJ out the door during this pandemic year.

Wonder what is driving the losses? US Yamaha dealers have sold out of 2020 models of waverunners and most other power sports.

View attachment 399798

I am crappy at numbers and even worse at reading financial reports, so the full Business Results for the First Six Months of the Fiscal YearEndingDecember 31, 2020(January 1, 2020throughJune30, 2020)(JapaneseGAAP) August6, 2020 is available here:

Wow what a surprise, a company reported a bad couple quarters during the pandemic, just like.. literally every other company in existence? They’ve been working on the ski longer than 6 months.

Top Bottom