DIY Total loss or MSD TL upgrade box 270USD?

Just ordered a A02T from JM to put in my 967 and will just run the wax curve for these last few weeks of the season. JM mentioned in his post that there was a programming change so you don't have to remove the 3rd lump. My question is, should i just machine/grind that off to be safe or does the new A02T expect the 3rd lump to be there for some sort of reference? I don't really want any crazy backfires or anything on a fresh engine if i can help it.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Just ordered a A02T from JM to put in my 967 and will just run the wax curve for these last few weeks of the season. JM mentioned in his post that there was a programming change so you don't have to remove the 3rd lump. My question is, should i just machine/grind that off to be safe or does the new A02T expect the 3rd lump to be there for some sort of reference? I don't really want any crazy backfires or anything on a fresh engine if i can help it.
Just leave it on there, its designed to run the ignition like this

That’s a good question actually- I’m curious as well if someone comes across the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Just run it as it is. I drew the flywheel up in cad and sent it to Borut so he could make the modification for the ignition with the extra lump. The new ignition can also run a two and 1 lump flywheel so even it didnt work you could simply turn it off, But i think you judging zeeltronic by the ignitions of the past. Thats what is making you concerned

Just run it as it is. I drew the flywheel up in cad and sent it to Borut so he could make the modification for the ignition with the extra lump. The new ignition can also run a two and 1 lump flywheel so even it didnt work you could simply turn it off, But i think you judging zeeltronic by the ignitions of the past. Thats what is making you concerned

Thanks- I was more thinking more from the perspective of if I were to swap the new cdi in my current motor which does have the flywheel third lump removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah the 54 degree static angle is meaning your whole curve is 2 degrees advanced. I would think you are getting a little high in the mid range and would be looking at that very carefully

For the average plug and play guy buying one of these, is 56 the static angle for the oem 760 wheel and cover?

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Update on XS1200 zeel conversion:

Zeel on an XS1200 runs almost exactly the same as the MSD total loss with the same curve. There miiiiight be a verrrry small difference in low rpm “zip” which I’d attributed to a slightly heavier flywheel but it’s barely noticeable.

Here it is in action
In order to do this, I had to chop up a gp800 front cover. Aside from that, everyything was the same as the 62t platform. WDK does make a billet cover that accepts stock 800/760 electronics but it’s very expensive. Might consider it anyway.

Attachments

• FEAA1F81-9BFB-4BCB-909D-163EA99A7BEF.jpeg
    FEAA1F81-9BFB-4BCB-909D-163EA99A7BEF.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 26D42110-81B4-4357-AD72-C4A54A834F71.jpeg
    26D42110-81B4-4357-AD72-C4A54A834F71.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 106
  • EDD17591-DA4A-40A2-99EA-746D0A793422.jpeg
    EDD17591-DA4A-40A2-99EA-746D0A793422.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 112
I will be throwing a zeel on my ski soon, have noticed some 760s have different electronics, it appears that my waveraider 760 donor has the same CDI as my superjet, does this mean it will not work with zeel? would it still have the 760 flywheel but somehow have the older CDI? Also, is there any plan for a 701 flywheel compatible version, it appeared to not be possible from my last trip through this thread, but since some changes have come out on the zeel side, I wondered if anything had changed.

Myk

I will be throwing a zeel on my ski soon, have noticed some 760s have different electronics, it appears that my waveraider 760 donor has the same CDI as my superjet, does this mean it will not work with zeel? would it still have the 760 flywheel but somehow have the older CDI? Also, is there any plan for a 701 flywheel compatible version, it appeared to not be possible from my last trip through this thread, but since some changes have come out on the zeel side, I wondered if anything had changed.

If it uses the 701/650 style cdi it wont work.

Myk

Gp760 style electronics is what you’re looking for.

davidescu_radu

sea riders
Jut realised I never explained this
the stock ignitions use the flywheel to make the required running voltage. The 800 and the 760 ignitions use different voltages. I know the gp800 flywheel will not run a stock 760 ignition but because the zeeltronic runs on battery voltage that is not an issue
can i use zeeltronic for 760 eng on the 800 eng with wax curve?

Top Bottom