Engine Bolt, Grease or Threadlock?

I don't think yamaha used anything on the head bolts at the factory?

Kinda strange but they spec Loctite 572 on the case bolts, motor plates, and cylinder head. It’s thread sealant like you would use for galvanized pipe and such. It works really well but it’s a pain to clean off. Somewhere between silicone and anti-sieze, it never fully cures.

Kinda strange but they spec Loctite 572 on the case bolts, motor plates, and cylinder head. It’s thread sealant like you would use for galvanized pipe and such. It works really well but it’s a pain to clean off. Somewhere between silicone and anti-sieze, it never fully cures.

I use 567 Hi-Temp thread sealant,, it cleans up pretty easily with a wire wheel.

Last edited:

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Depends on the engine, some of the big bores vibrates them selves apart. I grease everything on my on my main ski(ss900) expect for the trim/nozzle bolts-red loctite there. I dissemble my ski every year for upgrades etc, and check all the bolts, the only ones I see loosen up, are the pole bracket bolts threw the hull, (I torque to spec) but that goes for every superjet I've owned(3) and aftermarket ski(3).

Now for a customers ski, I loctite everything, since who know if I'll ever mess with it again.

572 is red Hi-Temp Hi-Strength thread locker.
I use 567 Hi-Temp thread sealant,, it cleans up pretty easily with a wire wheel.

No, 572 is a thread sealant not a high strength thread lock.

Medium strength thread sealant for coarse threads on metal pipes and fittings. Slow curing to allow adjustment after sealant application.
LOCTITE® 572 is a white to off-white, medium strength, methacrylate-based thread sealant for metal pipes and fittings. Suitable for coarse threads, it offers a breakaway torque of 7 Nm. Slow curing attributes allow users to adjust the alignment of fittings. Suitable for thread sizes up to M80, it is thixotropic to reduce migration after application.
  • Slow curing to allow fittings adjustment
  • Designed for metal pipes and fittings
  • Suitable for coarse threads
  • Medium strength

No, 572 is a thread sealant not a high strength thread lock.

Medium strength thread sealant for coarse threads on metal pipes and fittings. Slow curing to allow adjustment after sealant application.
LOCTITE® 572 is a white to off-white, medium strength, methacrylate-based thread sealant for metal pipes and fittings. Suitable for coarse threads, it offers a breakaway torque of 7 Nm. Slow curing attributes allow users to adjust the alignment of fittings. Suitable for thread sizes up to M80, it is thixotropic to reduce migration after application.
  • Slow curing to allow fittings adjustment
  • Designed for metal pipes and fittings
  • Suitable for coarse threads
  • Medium strength
oops you're right!

Top Bottom