Fitting SXR 800 engine/pump to another hull

Hi guys, I was trying to get SXR on the cheap - bought a running engine with pump and electronics but the guy that supposed to sell me the hull with a title backed out.

I can't seem to find another SXR hull - will the engine fit into something else or am I stuck? Looking back I should have bought a full used ski...

Live and learn.. Oh well

Thanks for your help

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Hi guys, I was trying to get SXR on the cheap - bought a running engine with pump and electronics but the guy that supposed to sell me the hull with a title backed out.

I can't seem to find another SXR hull - will the engine fit into something else or am I stuck? Looking back I should have bought a full used ski...

Live and learn.. Oh well

Thanks for your help

Pretty much all 650, 750 and 800 hulls will take the motor. 650sx, 750sx/i/pro, X2, Gen2 X2 (and GTX2), SXR. Even the couches will take it. They are all the same. The limitations are in the pipes. You wont be putting most of the SXR available pipes in an X2. But people do run SXR motors in the X2 and everything else I mentioned.

The pump will fit into anything that took a 750 or 800 motor, but most will use a different pump shoe and intake and drive shaft. You can put the pump into a 650 hull, like the X2, but you'd need a custom shoe and intake, or buy a 800 pump tunnel and fiberglass it in.

There are aftermarket hulls as well. The bullets are great for racing and I believe the WDK hull is called the ROK, and I think it's the ROK-R is shortened for freeride. Also trinity and a few others sell copies or modified SXR hull.

Pretty much all 650, 750 and 800 hulls will take the motor. 650sx, 750sx/i/pro, X2, Gen2 X2 (and GTX2), SXR. Even the couches will take it. They are all the same. The limitations are in the pipes. You wont be putting most of the SXR available pipes in an X2. But people do run SXR motors in the X2 and everything else I mentioned.

The pump will fit into anything that took a 750 or 800 motor, but most will use a different pump shoe and intake and drive shaft. You can put the pump into a 650 hull, like the X2, but you'd need a custom shoe and intake, or buy a 800 pump tunnel and fiberglass it in.

There are aftermarket hulls as well. The bullets are great for racing and I believe the WDK hull is called the ROK, and I think it's the ROK-R is shortened for freeride. Also trinity and a few others sell copies or modified SXR hull.

Thanks - interesting info! When I looked at the ROKR hulls they were all fitted with Yamaha's engines. had no idea they make one for the SXR 800 as well.

I have the SXR pipe as well - trying to decide if it's worth the time and money to keep building this (never done it) or if I should just cut my loses, sell and get a used full ski. Not that many resources/people to talk to here in Seattle - appreciate your help.

There are tons of people on the Seattle/Washington area and there is a big pnw jetski group on fb. It’s always been hard to find Sxr hulls for sale, nothing new going on there. They come up every so often but it would probably be easier to find one down south somewhere and have it shipped.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Thanks - interesting info! When I looked at the ROKR hulls they were all fitted with Yamaha's engines. had no idea they make one for the SXR 800 as well.

I have the SXR pipe as well - trying to decide if it's worth the time and money to keep building this (never done it) or if I should just cut my loses, sell and get a used full ski. Not that many resources/people to talk to here in Seattle - appreciate your help.

I could be wrong. Don't buy anything without fact checking me. I know WDK makes a SXR based hull, but I don't know the specifics on the driveline, etc. You might be right that it is configured for yamaha. I believe Scorn was the one riding a trinity SXR in the surf for a long time.

I could be wrong. Don't buy anything without fact checking me. I know WDK makes a SXR based hull, but I don't know the specifics on the driveline, etc. You might be right that it is configured for yamaha. I believe Scorn was the one riding a trinity SXR in the surf for a long time.

I called them and they can make the config for SXR, not default but it's getting expensive - I will keep that in mind as an option. Thanks for the pointers!

Top Bottom