How deep do skis sink?

When GM went belly up and Heir Mein Fuhrer Pres. B. Hussein O. bailed them out while screwing all stock holders... I lost what was a lot of money to me at the time. Much like the total you lost on this ski. poop happens. I fully suggest you get back in the game, but look into the insurance part extensively first. What else is this much fun, honestly? I mean, other than _that_... What sport is this much fun?

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
When GM went belly up and Heir Mein Fuhrer Pres. B. Hussein O. bailed them out while screwing all stock holders... I lost what was a lot of money to me at the time. Much like the total you lost on this ski. poop happens. I fully suggest you get back in the game, but look into the insurance part extensively first. What else is this much fun, honestly? I mean, other than _that_... What sport is this much fun?
Yeah man that would make me just about as angry if not more, that’s insane. One day I’ll have another ski of that caliber, but I gotta get the housing situation sorted first of my old lady will neck me!!

This site has helped people rebuild/replace! Maybe start a gofundme page but only share it with us fellow riders that understand. I'll chip in! I love stand ups so much and they have been such a huge part of my life I can't imagine not having one or not helping others have one!

This site has helped people rebuild/replace! Maybe start a gofundme page but only share it with us fellow riders that understand. I'll chip in! I love stand ups so much and they have been such a huge part of my life I can't imagine not having one or not helping others have one!
This is a great plan. My suggestion is to use "givesendgo" instead of gofundme. Not so much because givesendgo is a self proclaimed christian organization, but because gofundme plays politics. I know that's totally off the topic, but this crap matters in the end. Here's a very similar campaign for a lost device: https://www.givesendgo.com/GVHG

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
I appreciate the offer, but I could never take other people’s money like that. Just wouldn’t feel right! I have a few project skis I will finish this winter and sell to pull maybe 8-9k to start new on a stand up.. guess I still have my WDK motor but it’s not the same as a shiny billet dasa!!

I appreciate the offer, but I could never take other people’s money like that. Just wouldn’t feel right! I have a few project skis I will finish this winter and sell to pull maybe 8-9k to start new on a stand up.. guess I still have my WDK motor but it’s not the same as a shiny billet dasa!!
I would not either but I would give to someone in your position....odd I guess! LOL.

Not sure on length I think OL on title is just over 7’.. I know he closed cell foams the tray but that’s it. It wouldn’t have even sunk but the ball valve scupper let the air pocket out. Thing is all but useless for its intended purpose but sure is good at sinking my ski. Not much current unless it fell into the underwater river but there was tons of boat traffic that day..
Super bummed for you man!!! Hope you have luck locating it!! Did it have a Versiplug?

This was heart wrenching to read!!! I feel your
pain for your loss, mine was theft though. Back in 2006 I had a gsxr 1000 and a brand new crf450 stolen, my agent failed to write theft in the gsxr policy when I paid it off with my income tax return. I had just got back into racing Moto after 10yrs off. I punched the house in rage and broke my wrist for the 3rd time. The xrays and casting cost me another 1200 without health insurance. Back then I was a drywall finisher and only made around 30g a year. I wish you the best of luck and hope karma serves you solid with some good luck somehow.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
This was heart wrenching to read!!! I feel your
pain for your loss, mine was theft though. Back in 2006 I had a gsxr 1000 and a brand new crf450 stolen, my agent failed to write theft in the gsxr policy when I paid it off with my income tax return. I had just got back into racing Moto after 10yrs off. I punched the house in rage and broke my wrist for the 3rd time. The xrays and casting cost me another 1200 without health insurance. Back then I was a drywall finisher and only made around 30g a year. I wish you the best of luck and hope karma serves you solid with some good luck somehow.
Thank you buddy, I’ve also had a boxers fracture punching things in my youth lol. I went one last time and actually got out on the boat with a guy with sonar, got some good marks, and he knows the dive instructor at pennstate. They are taking a 6 man dive crew out to practice and searching the entire area as of November 14th. After going back out and seeing the area, there is no way the ski sank in the channel. And even if it did, the fire department body recovery diver told me they find bodies floating stationary in the “current” often. High hopes, if not I guess I’ll have to get a sport bike for the summer!!!

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Entire fire company showed up, had one diver go down for about 10 minutes and say it was too cold. Packed up and left lol. 600 dollars later and absolutely nothing. Dude says “oh yeah I just got a 25,000 dollar side scanner that can read the print on license, didn’t bring it out!” Lol.
maybe I can get them out soon with the scanner. They’re adamant that it’s where it sank. Otherwise he says they won’t dive till spring!!

Top Bottom