How deep do skis sink?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
The bigger question is what happens when you need to use that insurance.............
Thats why i need more people to sign up. So i can find out! :)

Interestingly though I have heard and read of plenty of people filling claims but not one follows up with the results.
*With any insurance

I always wanted to try a tile in a ski. There good for about a football field out of the water no clue on the server below

Wont work at all below water, there is some military tech for wireless underwater but i don't believe anything has hit the civilian market. Your best bet for something like that would be GPS based so at least you have a last known location to start your search grid from. Underwater recovery is tricky business. Very easy to miss stuff even in decent vis, add poopty vis and any sort of depth and its a needle in a haystack. I recovered a drone for a buddy at Body beach back in January and i burned 3 tanks and 3 hours underwater @ around 15' searching a 40x40' area with a really good idea on where it went down. Swam over it at least half a dozen times before i saw it in the weeds.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I sank an A8 before, luckily mine bobbed with the nozzle sticking out of the water long enough to get a tow rope hooked up.

We have sank atleast 2 skis in DFW. One found with a diver doing circles, other found by top of line fishing boat with sonar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Unfortunately at this point it has been over 2 weeks since it sank and i can’t get anyone to even come close to finding it for me. At this point I’m pretty much accepting that I won’t be getting this ski back, and financially I can’t continue to play in this sport. Insurance would have been a good idea.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
With Side Scan Sonar on a Mini-ROV visibility ("vis") is not an issue.

There might be an ROV Club near the lake or your Town that might volunteer to find it. Don't give up.

A good ROV Pilot will set-up a grid and perform his search sweep accordingly in a very methodical way. Should be able to find it in a day.

View attachment 401567View attachment 401568
Only company on that lake with ROV wants 1800 to even get the equipment out and 120 an hour on the boat. I can’t afford to lose another 2500 dollars right now for the ski not to turn up unfortunately but I’m trying to find the money anyways, if sea tow would have gotten out the day I called them I would have had the ski that day, but they are about useless

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Sometimes the local Fire Dept or the Sheriff Search & Rescue Teams like to have something worthwhile to search for and salvage during their S&R Training. Makes for a more exciting drill...
Reached out to the fire company since we did a big fund raiser to get them the ROV, they told me to contact the guy who wants a fortune to look for it. I’ve gotten more help from dudes with bass boats than I can even get from any company. Fish and boat commission can’t even recommend anyone. Maybe I can find someone who travels to do it who knows

I work for a company that manufacturers USVs with multibeams/side scans. If you were closer I definitely would come help out. We have donated a lot of our boats to universities. I would check in with nearby schools and see if they have any type of program along those lines that could help out. Good luck

Top Bottom