SX/SXi/SXi Pro Lighter flywheel on a 750?

stvbird

Mmmm, premix....
I just happen to have my flywheel off while trouble shooting a timing problem, and while it is off I was thinking of sending it to Lehr Performance to have it lightened. Anyone done this, and if so, how much of a difference can you tell? Mine has plenty of power with a pipe and stuff on it, but I would like it to snap more off of the bottom. Just wondering if it is worth the effort on a Kawi.

Thanks....

Ive been thinking about doing the same thing to mine, I would spend the coin to lighten it but not wanting to go aluminum. Those things are crazy expensive.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
Yeah I'm getting mine lightened at the moment. While I was looking at those super pricey aluminum ones I ran into this thread...what would the weight diffence be and how could a 650 flywheel be implemented

The only ski that benefits noticeably is 440-550s. The only way a Kawasaki becomes snappy is either with a programable ignition and/or race gas compression/timing. Shaving an ounce off the flywheel is hard to feel performance wise. I had a Vilder that was the lightest charging flywheel ever made, it even had 5 degrees advance built in and the difference was just detectable.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
if u already have it off, for 80 bucks i think, #ZERO will lighten it for you. i was gonna do it, but summer came, and the motor went back in the ski, so i didnt have a chance to pull it. ill def. be having mine lightened this winter though... gets rid of some of the rotational weight allowing the motor to respond quicker

if u already have it off, for 80 bucks i think, #ZERO will lighten it for you. i was gonna do it, but summer came, and the motor went back in the ski, so i didnt have a chance to pull it. ill def. be having mine lightened this winter though... gets rid of some of the rotational weight allowing the motor to respond quicker

Im in the same boat, I was going to do it and ran out of time before I got around to it.

It should help with power, I know it made a huge difference on my 300zxTT, turbos spool a ton faster. I would imagine a smaller less powerful motor would benefit as well. I plan on doing the timing advance while I'm in there, I really dont use top speed anymore.

About a pound or so could be removed on the 750 flywheel..might notice very slight acceleration improvement. A bigger improvement would be to purchase a zeeltronics cdi for your 750 from Paul and have him set you up a custom ignition curve. With the zeel available and being able to program your own curve for any engine you decide to run, I see no reason to put older more outdated 650 electronics on it.

Top Bottom