Millennium Technologies

long beach local

long beach local
Thanks to Chris (Jet Maniac) for making me aware of a company called Millennium Technologies. He recommended them rather than selling me sleeves and or services for a ported 61x cylinder that was on last bore at 84mm that I really liked. Its great to deal with honest knowledgeable people! It really was not cost effective to resleeve big bore and port it again so Millennium Technologies saved the cylinder and did a Very Nice job. It had scratches that could be felt with a fingernail but were not to deep so they did there magic re plating Nickel Silicone Carbide and it looks perfect like new maybe better.

Thanks to Chris (Jet Maniac) for making me aware of a company called Millennium Technologies. He recommended them rather than selling me sleeves and or services for a ported 61x cylinder that was on last bore at 84mm that I really liked. Its great to deal with honest knowledgeable people! It really was not cost effective to resleeve big bore and port it again so Millennium Technologies saved the cylinder and did a Very Nice job. It had scratches that could be felt with a fingernail but were not to deep so they did there magic re plating Nickel Silicone Carbide and it looks perfect like new maybe better.

If you take care of that cylinder, that Nickel Silicone Carbide coating could last you a looooong time!

IMG_7297.jpg

long beach local

long beach local
It was about 375$ + shipping not cheap but worth it IMO. It looks like any other good bore job cross hatch etc. they overbore it apply the plating then bore it back to 84mm exactly as I did not supply any pistons and intend to run Wossners. The bore is smoother than usual and the whole thing was bead blasted oem paint is gone. I will take some pics when I get back home. I suggest go to Millenniums website and read up on there services because it’s Not Nikasil that is used on aluminum.

long beach local

long beach local
Actually now I`m not sure but after looking back at there website it seems Nikasil is the same as nickel silicon carbide. Hmmm I thought i was told you cant nikasil steel sleeves thats why I thought it was a different process. Now I want to know maybe I can call them tomorrow and ask? Or someone that Knows can chime in.

As far as I understand, Nikasil is just a shortened term and it is an electroplating process. I think any metal that is conductive can be plated... I have no proof but that's just what I want to remember haha

Good find

NSC Plate Cast Iron Bore
Nickel Silicone Carbide (NSC) plating

"There are two reasons to plate a cast iron bore: improve the performance or save a cylinder past its service life. We can save that cast iron cylinder when over size pistons are no longer available or the cylinder is larger than the biggest over size piston. We typically can put back at least .020 and sometimes more. Contact us for our restoration services. For the performance minded, plating a cast iron bore will improve wear resistance and lower the coefficient of friction."

Top Bottom