Remedies for high blood pressure

I'm impressed with what it has done for you. I take a nitric oxide supplement too but only an hour or so before a workout or before I get out on the ski. It's supposed to be considered a pre-workout supplement only. I take the Six Star N.O. Fury, it's effective and only costs about $12/60 capsules and can be bought from Walmart up here in the north woods. The dosage is high though for that quantity being 3-5 caps per pre-workout. From what I recall, the nitric oxide helps to force blood into the muscles giving a better pump but my thoughts are more blood in the muscles, more nutrients and carbs to supply them for energy, recovery and just an all around better and less exhausting ride. If I go out on the ski without it, my riding is generally alright but I do notice I get tired sooner and feel it more so after. The N.O. helps me have more stamina and less end of the ride exhaustion. I never thought it would double as a blood pressure reducer. I have also read and heard anecdotally that grape seed extract is hugely beneficial for the heart and bp reduction.

Mike W

Infidel
I recommend not watching any news related to this election.

You have no idea how much this election cycle has stressed me out. We own a real estate company which is obviously economy driven and I’m retired military. Both will be effected when democrats take over.

You have no idea how much this election cycle has stressed me out. We own a real estate company which is obviously economy driven and I’m retired military. Both will be effected when democrats take over.
It’s not looking good for us at the moment. I have my fingers and toes crossed!

Mike W

Infidel
Well, finally got my BP down considerably from a year ago. Was in 170/95 range and with a diet change, let salt intake and cut out alcohol it’s down to 124/88 today. Living to see my kids grow up and being here for my wife of 25 years is good motivation to get healthy.
74FC1E2E-4D7F-42BA-B439-3FE7D58BBC21.jpeg

Did the Nitric oxide seem to work for you? The 88 number is still considered hypertension. Valerian root capsules (over the counter here) is approved in Europe for blood pressure medicine, it is used at night for insomnia because it relaxes you. It might help you get closer to the 80 number but I've never monitored mine using it before for sleep aid. I've been using melatonin 1mg lozenges to fall asleep faster lately.

Mike W

Infidel
Did the Nitric oxide seem to work for you? The 88 number is still considered hypertension. Valerian root capsules (over the counter here) is approved in Europe for blood pressure medicine, it is used at night for insomnia because it relaxes you. It might help you get closer to the 80 number but I've never monitored mine using it before for sleep aid. I've been using melatonin 1mg lozenges to fall asleep faster lately.
The nitric oxide didn’t seem to make a difference. I had a couple lower BP readings but I think it was my BP monitor. Been taking melatonin to fall asleep, but my problem is staying asleep. I’ll have to look into that.

Nice. Keep up the good work! Have you ever tried meditation to get it even lower? Also keep an eye on sugar intake, im a beliver that it is one of the worst things we put in our bodies.
Not meditation, I seem to relax more. My last job before I retired was high stress. I had to learn to relax and just take it easy. Once I learned to do that it definitely helped.

Mike I went from 206 lbs. to 188 lbs. in two months living on beef, chicken or fish (on Fridays) and vegetables. No alcohol no carbs. My BP was like yours and is now ~139 88 68. So I am getting there with you.
That’s awesome. I got up to 210 a couple months ago. But my wife and I caught covid and we were down for two weeks. Then another week to recover enough to get around without getting tired. I lost 20 lbs. Not a diet plan I would recommend but I plan to keep most of it off.

Good for you!

I have a medical condition (ulcerative colitis) that I can manage/put in remission when I strictly eat meat and drink only water (beef mostly because I can eat that past feeling full to get my calories in. Chicken Im not a fan of, and pork I cant overeat). I noticed when I did it that my BP dropped from 13X/8X to 12X/7X.

Everyones body is different and reacts differently. According to my family doctor though Im going to die eating liek this. Even though Ive never felt better when Im eating like that (other than dealing with cake/icecream cravings).

Mike W

Infidel
Good for you!

I have a medical condition (ulcerative colitis) that I can manage/put in remission when I strictly eat meat and drink only water (beef mostly because I can eat that past feeling full to get my calories in. Chicken Im not a fan of, and pork I cant overeat). I noticed when I did it that my BP dropped from 13X/8X to 12X/7X.

Everyones body is different and reacts differently. According to my family doctor though Im going to die eating liek this. Even though Ive never felt better when Im eating like that (other than dealing with cake/icecream cravings).
A diet change definitely helped me. Cut back on carbs and maybe one soda a week. Along with cutting way back on alcohol.

Did not have time to read the thread, but the NONI JUICE from Peru is the best in decreasing drastically. It comes in form of powered, concentrate and juice. available at amazon, swanson and ebay. I like the powder because drop it in to my shake along with other superfoods such as MACA, ASHWAGANDA, green blend and Horny Goat Weed

Top Bottom