Security surveillance camera

I honestly have given up on checking cams except to see if my wife is home. It gives my wife a lot of confidence if she hears something outside she can check cams and make sure its nothing .....or something outside. I like the idea of them still and not having a subscription to ring is way better to me. Just not much exciting around my place like the turtle cams!

E350

Site Supporter
Check for moisture in your connections.
OCD Thank you. You are likely correct. It rained like crazy last night. The camera was up and running until early this morning. Now it is up again. I used the spongy waterproof bushing, but I will add some sylglide to further waterproof it.

@mxmark4 I only have person alerts on. I was not awakened once despite having the entire camera view as the alarm zone. I just got home and walked into the house and got a person ding. And each time I walked back out to the truck I got a person ding. That is it. Nothing else even though it was not tornado winds (Bless those souls) but was really windy.

I am still testing it out, but my guess is that I will be recommending the set up I bought to others (see above).

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
When you playback, are you filtering out other events and only looking at person detection?

This
feac86da5ee62a48ec306e28227effd3.jpg

Vs this

c850ca44500e283e0e6b0a14cb66aab0.jpg

Last edited:

E350

Site Supporter
@OCD Solutions I am now hooking up all my cameras to see if they work and to see if the cords are good and to see if the ports in the NVR are working.

I am having problems. I think it is with the Ethernet cables. How robust are they?

If you were to replace the Ethernet cables with another brand/model what you get?

E350

Site Supporter
I am really impressed with the AI cameras/NVR package that I bought.

@OCD Solutions is there a manual somewhere which I can download?

I want to understand all of its capabilities and fine tune it.

My camera1 is plugged into NVR port 1 but shows on the Channel list as Channel 10. I am trying to move it to Channel 01 but can't find out how. Any suggestions.

So far phone app is great.

Windows 7 and above on PC is great.

PUSH NOTIFICATION DELAY IS NEAR ZERO.

Push notification delay with Nest was about 7 seconds.

@OCD Solutions I am now hooking up all my cameras to see if they work and to see if the cords are good and to see if the ports in the NVR are working.

I am having problems. I think it is with the Ethernet cables. How robust are they?

If you were to replace the Ethernet cables with another brand/model what you get?
I had a leftover box of cat 6 I used from when I built my house. Used it instead of their wadded up cables they supplied just for ease of install. I have 1 camera that runs off of their supplied cables and have had no issues with it, but bends in cable like that can damage the wires inside.

Top Bottom