Texoma Free Ride FAQ's

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
It would be great, but it cost Larry (skinnyman) a small fortune last time (about $600.00) and he got very few donations to help offset his expenses. I suspect this might be at least part of why this didn't shape up last fall. There were also scheduling issues that derailed it.

I hope that Larry (or someone else?) decides to get this going, but I'm sure that whoever contacts the Corp will need to get a little more money collected from the group in order to continue this ride. The Corp has to bring in port-a-potties just for this ride, they do NOT stay there year round. This is an old, semi-abandoned park that is no longer maintained, unless we arrange for them to mow and bring in the potties. It is perfect for us (IMO) but does cost more than just saying, "Meet you at the beach".

We could arrange a ride that is based in one of the maintained parks, that would have nice showers and flush toilets, but that would actually cost everybody more money than a voluntary contribution of say, $30.00 for each vehicle. Those "fancy" campsites all book about a year in advance. An individual is not allowed to book a large block of campsites without a large deposit, we've asked. It would also cost an individual too much to reserve a large block via their website.

So, if peeps want to do this ride, we can start taking donations, but I'm not going to fork out $600.00 and I just couldn't ask Larry (or anyone else) to do that again when he got so few donations last time. Unless someone comes forward with the cash, the best we can do is try to arrange a ride at the official campsites (like Preston Bend), everyone pays for their own sites (about $35.00 a night, I think) and that's it. No bonfires, no pitbikes, but nice pavillion and plenty of RV hookups.

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
Ok hers the real Skinny on Texoma
Odd Duck was correct in that it was about 600.00 after donations
The core wants cash to reserve the place
We have to have Porta pots brought in Cash + deposit
We have to have a dumpster Cash+ deposit
We have to clean up the place
The locals have been dumping trash there for the last 2 years(azz hats)
Last year I checked it out and it would take 2days of clean up before the ride +1 day to mow Lots of broken glass every where
The locals Have totalled trashed the place I dont think the core will lease to any-one at this point I heard it was going up for sale

I am working on Preston bend ride will let every-one know when the details get worked out
June 16-19 is a tenative date
It is a core camp ground so we can have a fires but no pit bikes
They caretakers like us its a spot that the Dallas crew hits alot
I should have this worked out in the next couple of days

i have smaller buoys as well, but nit sure about the date.

I also want to add that Pace Bend there is a small fee to so if we have to pay park fees I am still down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom