Tiger Craft Hulls

Ive been doing some general research into aftermarket hulls. Not completely decided on anything yet but I do see this as the natural progression and I would like to invest in something after a while. I haven't gotten to ride many aftermarket hulls but I am sure that I want a fiberglass hull and I would also like it to be a shape that is going to work best for all types of riding. I like the look of the Aquabot V2 but I can't seem to find much information on them... The site doesn't say much and I was hoping to hear from some people who ride these. My next and obvious choice is a Rickter Edge FR... Not sure if you would really "compare" these hulls but it is my first choice.

Buy something used, you won't have to wait for it and you can get that instant gratification. The Tigercraft surf hull felt very similar to the Edge in my opinion. I preferred the M1 for every day do it all riding. A fiberglass 2016+ XFR is pretty good too and may be one of my favorites.

Try to get out and ride some stuff, talk to the riders. Get down to Daytona in January and check out all the skis.

I would ideally ride surf as much as possible, that could happen 6+ times a year but otherwise I will be at our lake chasing boats and doing some freestyle. Let me go ahead and make clear, Im not trying to do backflips. Rolls and big air/spins are all im after, I don't want an overly slippery ride. I do like to cut some corners!

Buy something used, you won't have to wait for it and you can get that instant gratification. The Tigercraft surf hull felt very similar to the Edge in my opinion. I preferred the M1 for every day do it all riding. A fiberglass 2016+ XFR is pretty good too and may be one of my favorites.

Try to get out and ride some stuff, talk to the riders. Get down to Daytona in January and check out all the skis.
I'm all for that, Im waiting for a good deal but don't want to rule out a new hull... the other question is, can these be registered???

Like stated, ride some if you can before buying if you can, but I've bought all mine without riding and was satisfied with them all. An m1, aquabot, or sv all ride great but all have their own traits. A v2 is a great all around ski and hooks good for cornering. Throw a longer plate on and hit the surf. I haven't ridden an sv pro, only an sv1. The aquabot feels more playful than an sv1 but are all good riding skis. M1 is more freestyle capable but recovers very well, but rides looser than a v2. But all of them are very good quality, go together very well, and are built here in the U.S. can't go wrong with that. Message me if you have any questions if you would like.

Like stated, ride some if you can before buying if you can, but I've bought all mine without riding and was satisfied with them all. An m1, aquabot, or sv all ride great but all have their own traits. A v2 is a great all around ski and hooks good for cornering. Throw a longer plate on and hit the surf. I haven't ridden an sv pro, only an sv1. The aquabot feels more playful than an sv1 but are all good riding skis. M1 is more freestyle capable but recovers very well, but rides looser than a v2. But all of them are very good quality, go together very well, and are built here in the U.S. can't go wrong with that. Message me if you have any questions if you would like.

Very well stated :)

I enjoy my v2x a ton , it's great in the surf and I can definitely barrel roll boat wakes with a 701
If you live close to Jersey call Tony and set up a test ride on a few skis like I did
He's super chill and easy to talk too

Come to wavedaze in October. I know in our group headed down we have a v2, m1 and v2x that your welcome to try out. I'm sure there will be a few sv's there as well that I'm sure someone will let you ride.

Tpete summed up the hull differences spot on.

Top Bottom