Time to bore and sport-port the Octane. Recommendation?

Prem1x

Tinkering obsessed
She's gone 13 years on the stock pistons. My winter project is to rebuilt it. I can pick any old place to bore to the next size pistons, but I might as well have the cylinders ported too. Randy/Watcon seems retired. Who else could I rely on to port Octane cylinders?

TIA

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
Hello newbie, welcome to the Octane forum. :D

Erik at TPE might be a good guy to talk to on this. @egbrig is his username

He did a sweet polaris setup for @speedysprocket
http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/polaris-foot-rocket-build.135206/

I believe Randy is still out there somewhere, but watcon is now run by @john zigler - he might be able to help as well.

welcome back - if you haven't been following along for the last several years, EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED (except the drama)!!! It's all about aftermarket hulls and 900cc~1200cc+

Yup, Erik does good work. Maybe you can even do a sled power valve cylinder conversion to get 85mm pistons, power valves, and a nikosil bore. Erik just took an engine I have with that setup to modify this winter...

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
Oh, and one other thought I just had - You might think about having your crank rebuilt and lightened. I've always wanted to do that to mine. I think it would be a huge help for throttle response. Not sure where to get it done, but it might be worth talking to Zack at PHP @powerhouseperformance - he builds custom lightweight billet cranks (for yamaha) but might be a source to get your's lightened. He could also do your port work. Just another suggestion...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Oh, and one other thought I just had - You might think about having your crank rebuilt and lightened. I've always wanted to do that to mine. I think it would be a huge help for throttle response. Not sure where to get it done, but it might be worth talking to Zack at PHP @powerhouseperformance - he builds custom lightweight billet cranks (for yamaha) but might be a source to get your's lightened. He could also do your port work. Just another suggestion...
I would bet he has sled knowledge also........

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Chuck at CPT enterprise has my octane cylinders and bpipe adapter plate as we speak. He is boring, porting , sleeve and adapter work . He's a busy individual right now but a great guy. @Nuklear6

i'm having sharp's marine build a 777 for me.gonna use a 1200 pork chop crank,700 cases,1200 jugs,and TRUE dual 40mm keihin carbs with an accl pump.going into a 3 seater hull for the wife with a 6 vane s/s pump.

Top Bottom