Water in ear

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
https://www.proplugs.com/

I have Docs pro plugs. I don’t use them inside a helmet bc I can’t hear and feel shell shocked when riding. But, they do seal up well. I admittedly haven’t been using them in quite some time. Long ago when my son was getting his tubes put in his ears. We spoke of swimming restrictions. Long story short the otolaryngologist gave me a few adult sizes to try out as well. Pro plugs is what they recommended.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Ive tried them out and never had an issue with water inside my ears to date. I have only used them a handful of times. They are not in any way uncomfortable. I could still hear most ordinary things while out riding the skis. Put a helmet on and forget it. I couldn't hear much at all and I just don't care to ride like that around the river where I go. there's usually a crowd of boats and too many people moving around..to just ignore them and possibly make things more hazardous for me. If I were to go into the surf or someplace where I know im going to get slammed around.. I'll wear them for sure. to me Its not worth an ear or sinus infection the following week. just take the extra minute to pop them in.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
crazyest poop ive seen was Stoyer blowing water out of his ears by pinching his nose/mount and blowing. It would squirt like a pin hole in a water hose. He said it was from 3/4 rolls...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
crazyest poop ive seen was Stoyer blowing water out of his ears by pinching his nose/mount and blowing. It would squirt like a pin hole in a water hose. He said it was from 3/4 rolls...
Believe me, coming back from chasing the cruisers I was trying to do that!!!!!!!! Never blue water out before, but the pressure would sometimes help push it out........

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Ive tried them out and never had an issue with water inside my ears to date. I have only used them a handful of times. They are not in any way uncomfortable. I could still hear most ordinary things while out riding the skis. Put a helmet on and forget it. I couldn't hear much at all and I just don't care to ride like that around the river where I go. there's usually a crowd of boats and too many people moving around..to just ignore them and possibly make things more hazardous for me. If I were to go into the surf or someplace where I know im going to get slammed around.. I'll wear them for sure. to me Its not worth an ear or sinus infection the following week. just take the extra minute to pop them in.
Thanks, Finally a good response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May have to try these. Week +1 I am still having issues with my ear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I use custom fit plugs while riding. They are silicone, they have tethers and a clip so you don't lose them. Problem is work pays for a set a year, and they are ~$400. But they work well, and I don't buy them. I've looked into getting something not necessarily for noise reduction as much because it's a spooky feeling not hearing what's behind you. Haven't found anything that works. But might also give the pro plugs a try. My issue is I've blown my eardrums up a couple times, and don't want that to happen again...

Top Bottom