westcoast rc520 cylinder

Recently picked up a ski that I plan to part out. I noticed it has an rc520 westcoast cylinder on it. Anyone know what its worth? No scaring in the bores, looks really good. Thanks!

cac80a13386bfdefcab6a2b07c60d1d5.jpg
64383ba8fa10a7bcdee8961eb9a42038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on eBay was trying to get 600 or 700$ for just the cylinder. I have no clue what they are worth but I know there are at least 3 guys on pwctoday looking for one. I have one too that I am looking foreward to trying out this summer if nobody steps up and buys it. They are supposed to run pretty good and are pretty rare. I read somewhere that back in the day they were 2500$ new

I got an offer for $400 so I was just curious what people are thinking they're worth

Ducky

Back in the game!
I got an offer for $400 so I was just curious what people are thinking they're worth

Hard to value a part like this, since it can be very hard to find the other parts needed to run this cylinder such as the correct head, correct pistons, gaskets, etc.

There was a guy on PWCtoday that was looking pretty hard for one of these cylinders. I think his name was cue.maker or something like that.

I have the same set with race porting I bought new. Uses stock gaskets you could run a reusable base gasket. Also have the removable dome head. Total animal

550headache

tobacco grower
I had that same motor back in the early 2000’s with dual blue sudco 38’s and a ocean pro head. I dont remember if the head was pp spacing or SX spacing but you need to ditch that stock head for a aftermarket one. Westcoast used to make on with removable domes so you could change the compression. I was running 195 compression with AV gas.
All i can say is that setup was one of the hardest pulling/fastest setups i ever built! Running a straight 15 skat in a 550 pump it was like a light switch.....on or off! Gave me tunnel vision! I think i was running a PJS full pipe, manifold and head pipe.

If i was you I’d hold on to that! Get the parts you need over time and build it! You wont regret it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom