Super Jet 2012 Superjet Back in Black

retroicon

XX-xx-XX-xx-XX
I imagine the "racing license" requirement will be kind of like when you go buy fireworks and state that you're using them to "scare away birds"...

A few years back I remember needing to sign this agreement to get the good stuff at shop in Cocoa Beach, and one of the acceptable reasons you could check on the form was that you were using them to scare away birds....

"Yeah man, I need 50 of these giant mortars that fire 1,000 feet in the air, and make a pattern that looks like an american flag... to scare away the birds. Yeah, that's it... I'm scaring away birds."

Racing license... LOL.

Its all about the surf!
Scaring away birds is a completely legitimate reason to obtain a racing license also. Can't have any of them damn birds on the race course!

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
There is not one dealer in this country that will ask you for a racing license if you show up to spend $8000....lol

I think the 2012 SJ looks great.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I love the all black, no white bottom. Not a big fan of the graphics. I cant imagine they would change a thing if they are going to discontinue them. Lets hope they keep producing. $8 k blows my mind. My guess is they will still be made but maybe not sold here due to epa issues like the X2.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
That leaves the question of if you have to have a racing license can you register it and get boat numbers and tags? I think the Polaris Octanes were sold for racing and couldn't be registered.

Its all about the surf!
That leaves the question of if you have to have a racing license can you register it and get boat numbers and tags? I think the Polaris Octanes were sold for racing and couldn't be registered.

No you will not be able to register a 2012 and get numbers and tags. Thats what having a race license or in other words "Competition use only" means. No problem mon- I see a lot of 2012's registered on paper as Kawi 440's he he he!

No you will not be able to register a 2012 and get numbers and tags. Thats what having a race license or in other words "Competition use only" means. No problem mon- I see a lot of 2012's registered on paper as Kawi 440's he he he!
Like I said before, only in IJSBA terms:
19.1.6 All watercraft may be required to meet respective local boating laws (i.e., current registration displayed on craft, fire
extinguisher on board, etc.).

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Skis do not need to be registered to race them. However I would say most people ride outside of racing, so they are registered anyway.

Polaris Octanes were able to be registered with no problems. Polaris simply chose to only sell them to racers, not the general public.

Top Bottom