61x Ebox mount location in X-2

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
You might be creating some pretty significant balance issues putting all of that on the right side. My superjet was unbalanced and it really affected the handling. See how it handles, but here is how I fixed my superjet in the event that you have a similar issue.

I bought a used weight for it. It is a piece of aluminum that goes between the two motor mounts. It's 1/4" bar stock that has the other sides of a box welded onto it, then before the top is put on it, they poured in led. It weighs about 6-8 pounds. It made a huge difference in handling. All I had to offset was the battery, but it worked really well.

Great work on the mounts. Wish I had access to a waterjet. I have some projects I really need to be able to cut aluminum and polycarbonate but I don't have access to anything and one-offs are expensive.

You might be creating some pretty significant balance issues putting all of that on the right side. My superjet was unbalanced and it really affected the handling. See how it handles, but here is how I fixed my superjet in the event that you have a similar issue.

I bought a used weight for it. It is a piece of aluminum that goes between the two motor mounts. It's 1/4" bar stock that has the other sides of a box welded onto it, then before the top is put on it, they poured in led. It weighs about 6-8 pounds. It made a huge difference in handling. All I had to offset was the battery, but it worked really well.

Great work on the mounts. Wish I had access to a waterjet. I have some projects I really need to be able to cut aluminum and polycarbonate but I don't have access to anything and one-offs are expensive.

I definitely have a balance issue now. As soon as I put it in the water yesterday I saw it was lower on that side. The handling was different but nothing terrible, it is an x2 without tubbies and a heavier engine so there was not much "good" handling to begin with. Tubbies are next to help carry the weight of the 701. For the balance issue I am going to try a lithium battery to offset the weight on the right side and if it is still off a small weight should do the trick. Thanks for the input Vumad

Top Bottom