adding ADA haed will give me _?__ compression

Right now i got a 701 with a B pipe and MSD and getting right around 185. I am wanting to add a ADA girdled head w/ 35 domes but am curius just how much increase i would get? What if i popped on a couple new reeds too? Damn economy makes me watch the cash flow more. Thanks for any imput. JD

Is your comp gauge accurate? I've got a stock bore 701, b-pipe limited, sport ported, ada w/35 domes, and 185 comp, (msd doesn't matter on comp). Mine #'s are with a snap-on gauge, that has been re-certed with snap-on last year.

Is your comp gauge accurate? I've got a stock bore 701, b-pipe limited, sport ported, ada w/35 domes, and 185 comp, (msd doesn't matter on comp). Mine #'s are with a snap-on gauge, that has been re-certed with snap-on last year.

Actually the gauge was right out of the box so i doubt it would be to far off. My guy over at legdrag said that the MSD definetly will show in the compression. Dont know??? Did you notice a gain when you changed heads?

yeah we've hit that up a few times but it seems like its either dead or to rough to set and nail solid air. anything further north or south? even into de. or south?

Cannibal

Tasty Human
There is no way an MSD will change compression. Compression is a measurement of the pressure in the cylinder once everything is squished. Now the MSD can change cylinder pressures while running, but not compression.

Stock head is supposed to be 155 is it not?

The head is on and hits hard. def can tell the difference with a nice grumble. Question Though. When im running 30ish skipping through the chop it seems or sounds to rev super high. i wouldnt think that would be becuase of the head. is it just a different tone i am now hearing. fyi i do have a MSD on it.

Top Bottom