Another Turf Question

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
and use the heat gun!!! The most overlooked tool when turfing. It will turn your turf to butter and allow it to mold and stretch around anything.

X2. A crap job is usually a result of trying to force cold turf. Once the cement hits the other cement, you're screwed. Not enough stretch, not good enough.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
How hot with the heat gun?

ive used one, and I STILL have not really been able to make it pliable.

do you get it so hot it stinks? have to wear gloves?

maybe I didnt get it hot enough?

DAMMMIT I hate turfing.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
after both pieces of turf are epoxied (obviously) heat it back and forth, constantly moving gun, and i usually hold gun 3-4" from turf, as long as its moving, your not burning.

Work with 6 inch sections at a time really, need to heat thouroughly, not burn or make it stink. Than use some muscle and pull turf to its location. pound with fist, than rubber mallet.

I heat both sides of the turf if I can. glue side a bit but not enough to bubble it , than STICK! SMACK!

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
ive tried it like that ( using contact cement instead of epoxy) but ive never made it noticeably more pliable with the added heat.

but im not a very patient person, maybe I rushed it, Ill do my next job in several sessions and try and excise more precision.

Top Bottom