Super Jet Best Aftermarket Engine

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
To the OP, if you go the B pipe route do yourself a favor and order direct from Factory Pipe. It's hard to justify spending the amount used pipes usually go for, which aren't in the greatest shape, when they are 675 shipped direct from FP

Some builders might cut you a deal on components like pipes if you have them build the entire package. ;)

Matt_E

Site Supporter
That's for sure. In fact, imho if you're already shelling out the money for a nice engine, it's foolish to buy used parts. I've had nothing but bad experiences with that and won't ever do it again.

Yes to all!
Some builders might cut you a deal on components like pipes if you have them build the entire package. ;)

I agree, but I think he was relating that to going with a used. Not really getting much of a deal now when you buy used.

That's for sure. In fact, imho if you're already shelling out the money for a nice engine, it's foolish to buy used parts. I've had nothing but bad experiences with that and won't ever do it again.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
Ive had a whole lot of luck with my Jetmaniac/Blue motor this season. It's a good motor, ran great and was bolt in ready to go right from him. Makes a ton of power for a pretty much stock displacement motor.

He already has the basics.

All he really needs now is

1. Port Work - $300-400.00 by any of the reputable builders out there.
2. ADA Head $300.00 (or cut the stock head if on a tighter budget)
3. Enhancer/EPIC $300.00
4. Top End $500.00 (If Needed)

With that setup he would have a very strong, reliable setup with more power than he would need for a while. The guy that won the 2009 AM Freestyle at Nationals was on a setup very similar to what I listed with OEM Carbs. That ski had more hit than the big bore package I was running.

The XS SS package is a great package but a bit more motor than most of us actually could use.

Go to know! Thanks guys!

Cannibal

Tasty Human
I know they do some in house machining and manufacturing, and they advertise CNC porting, so its possible, but I have been wondering that answer as well. CNC porting would be real easy to do in house if they have the equipment or farm out if not....but, what's the difference? You'd still end up with the same port work.

Last edited:
I know they do some in house machining and manufacturing, and they advertise CNC porting, so its possible, but I have been wondering that answer as well. CNC porting would be real easy to do in house if they have the equipment or farm out if not....but, what's the difference? You'd still end up with the same port work.

Cnc porting would be more accurate than by hand

ArtMaybee

I'm Baaaack!
Matt, the Jetworks ported 61x on 61x cases you "tried out", was that with Jetworks ported cases as well or just the cylinder? I've been curious about how well 61x cases would perform with a really good port job on them. I've always been curious about this setup. I know there was the one setup a few years back running ported 61x cases. If I remember correctly Slymo was running that motor and competing with it. It's been a while but I want to say Keith Head was the builder?

Again, depends entirely on your budget. I can only speak for what Jetworks does, but you could get your current 701 ported and leave it ay that, or Get the stock carbs modified on top of the port job, get some additional parts, or your could get the cases ported, big bore the cylinder, etc etc....
I recently tried out a near stock bore Jetworks ported 61X cylinder on X cases, and also a ported 717 61X/62T motor with modified dual 38's. Both of them were the strongest engines in that size/price class I've ever tried.
Question is, what's your budget?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
The cases were not ported. Motor performance was very similar to a 62T/61X motor (also Jetworks ported cylinder) and Jetworks mid dual 38 carbs.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Matt, the Jetworks ported 61x on 61x cases you "tried out", was that with Jetworks ported cases as well or just the cylinder? I've been curious about how well 61x cases would perform with a really good port job on them. I've always been curious about this setup. I know there was the one setup a few years back running ported 61x cases. If I remember correctly Slymo was running that motor and competing with it. It's been a while but I want to say Keith Head was the builder?

Yes, Keith Head has a killer Engine package utilizing the 61X cases, 61X cylinder and his 50mm monster carb mod....

Matt_E

Site Supporter
No.
Here are the two engines I was comparing:

Engine 1
Stock 61X cases
Jetworks ported 61X cylinder
180 psi
Dual 44 carbs

Engine 2
Stock 62T cases
Jetworks ported 61X cylinder
180 psi (same head, same domes)
Dual 38 Jetworks mod carbs

The two were very similar in performance

ArtMaybee

I'm Baaaack!
Thanks, BK. I'd forgotten all about the hogged out carb he had as part of the package. I guess it at least proves you can make a killer engine with a 61x.

Top Bottom