Super Jet Bulkhead Plugs

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
If anyone needs lemme know. A little 5200 and a pair of these and yer done. This is a need some take some, got a buck gimme 1 or 2. I only made so many because I thought other folks might want some. Not to make a buck. These are extruded PVC and weigh in at about an ounce.

1) Scrape stupid stickers off
13113041_10209312933726134_1226802673957752476_o.jpg
2) add a little fiddy2hunnerd or your waterproof adhesive of choice. After cure time call it done.
13116152_10209320573477123_2985475238291145061_o.jpg

I made a single run of these.
13100894_10209320566596951_8579354864916235663_n.jpg

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
WOW!! I did not realize how many folks wanted these. Glad I could help. I am a little overwhelmed. I might have to cut another batch.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Yeah, I would gear up and make a whole bunch. They may take awhile to sell but I bet they do.

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
I bought some more material and ran another 200 of these SuperJet bulkhead plugs this weekend. They are thinner and lighter than the first 5 batches.
1f603.png
< 0.25oz each!! I only have white.
Pro Tip
1f609.png
these take bumper black colors well and given the lack of UV the color should be permanent and non fading. I haven't tried it but I bet gun bluing would work great too.
The post office has stopped letting me mail them 1st class
1f641.png
now its a minimum package cost even though it's less than 1oz - postage and envelope included.
1f621.png

I will have them with me at Topsail, Cocoa Beach, WaveRave, Lundyfest, and WaveDaze.
$10 in person / $15 shipped USA / Global Ship you pay $10 + actual shipping paypal.me/cyberjetx

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 3.41.49 PM.png

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Yuppers. You can't buy the black HM style connector bodies anywhere, just clear, so I did a test batch and they dye up quite nicely.
The ultrasonic cleaner isn't really necessary other than it's tank heater feature to soften the plastic and set the color.

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
I made run of another 200 white plugs! < 0.25oz each!!

I will have them with me at Topsail, Cocoa Beach, WaveRave, Lundyfest, and WaveDaze.
$10 in person / $15 shipped USA / Global Ship you pay $10 + actual shipping paypal.me/cyberjetx

The Water trapped in and around the Foam NEVER dries out.

Then it weighs your Ski down by as much as 40 lbs!

Hopefully soon, you too will get to experience the joy of Defoaming your SuperJet. :p

oh i've done it before like 20 years ago when adding footholds and you're right it sucks...

Sparkplug

Site Supporter
So. The internet gurus aren't gonna like this but

If you cover one completely. Then make a patch with a Schrader. Drill a 3/16 hole in the bottom chine. And then pressurize the tray to 3-5psi. You can watch that "impossible to dry foam" piss all the water right out the hole, and anywhere else they missed glue.

Dont. I repeat. Don't. Cut your superjet tray up. Every single one I've seen the guy didn't progress any more. Ski didn't go any higher. And it ended up being a ton of work and money they never got back.

Give me a waterlogged superjet and I'll do every single trick on it that a no water logged one can do.

OCD Solutions

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I can attest to the money, time and lack of progression. I botched my first tray job and ended up taking out 32lbs of waterlogged foam and replaced it with 28lbs of fiberglass mat and resin. It may have been dry foam in the end but the ski wasn't any more than 3-4 lbs lighter than when I started.

Top Bottom