Carbon fiber and resin relp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm in the process of restoring a custom freestyle hull and I was hoping to get a few pointers and tips. So currently I have the bottom of the hull all sanded and I have repaired a few holes and previous patch work and now I'm in the process of smoothing everything out. I have already ordered a 6k 2x2 twill carbon fiber cloth and I plan on buying another visual, purple in layed carbon fiber cloth. My first question is should I wait till I buy my visual cloth and lay them both at once or does it matter if I lay my first cloth and let cure then lay my second cloth? (I do plan on vaccum bagging after wet layup). My next question is, after the carbon fiber has been laid, what do most people do if they want to keep it a visual carbon fiber? Should I just put a few coats of resin on top to seal it off or is there anything specific anyone is using to coat the bottom of the hull after the resin is cured? I have some experience with laying up fiberglass and pouring resin but this is the first time I'm tackling carbon fiber so any other tips and pointers that I should look for/do would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom