decal removal

wetjet701

Always On
I need some help with removing the factory decals off my ski whats the easiest way to do this heatgun maybe? or is there an easier way? Thanks for any help

its been covered like 10 already covered. try searching. ive found a heat gun, and wd-40 works swell. some say brake fluid, ive tried it, works okay to get sticky gum off. if u dont wana spend 12 hours doing it, go get a pinstripe remover attatchment wheel for a drill from auto zone ( ive never used ) good luck.

ski_crazy

ISJWTA member #5
Get the 3M pinstripe remover tool. You can get it at NAPA. Cost is any where from $25-$35 depending on who has it. It goes in a power drill. Worth every penny. They last quite a while. A whole ski can be stripped clean in about an hour. No chemicals needed.

I use WD-40, but you have to be sure to wash off everything fairly quickly. Otherwise you will get more coming off than you wanted.

wetjet701

Always On
Well to remove the vinyl what I did was peel back the corners with my fingernail and started to pull no problems took under 30min to remove all from a stock 90 sj

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I have had good luck with aresol paint remover that you get at an autoparts store. peal off the sticker first, then use the stripper to remove the residue, do not spray it on and leave it. spray on, start using a plastic scraper immediatley.... do not use this on your hood, that paint will come off.

Top Bottom