December couch ride?

timbo512

Your Momma's Lover
Ski will be on permanent vacation at the lake house by then. ;-( Damn horses and kids!!! Eventually I'll get another one. I'd be able to make the whole trip on one tank at 20-25.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
About what?

whats the approx. speed the boaters will be doing?? would we have to be last in line to do this??

he said as fast as the slowest boat and nobody would be left behind. I was concerned about skis - but he said someone made the trip last year in a baby catamaran - 14' with something like a 30HP outboard on it.

I think he said they 20-25 MPH. It's right at 4 hours boat time, plus stops for gas and lunch in Matagorda.
:nana:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
OK Peeps - the coordinator is trying to get a head count so that he can arrange the evening festivities - so consider this your roll call.

we also need to figure out if we are going to ride one-way or round trip. If we are one-waying, we'll need at least a couple peeps as ground crew. I'll volunteer my truck & trailer to carry an extra ski or 2 (one on trailer, one SJ or B1 in the bed) if someone will drive it from Freeport to POC. If we are round-tripping, there will be overnight on-site security at the yacht basin that we are leaving from.

I've got a couple guys from the fishing board interested in joining us on skis as well.

We also need to reserve a hotel room for Saturday night.

Last edited:

ger87410

How did I get here?
Wow, at least 4 hours each way.

Is anybody coming home that evening?

I thought skis go faster then 20 mph.

Our beat up dinosaur xp does at least 35 mph. If you grab a newer 250, you should be able to go there and back in a little over 2 hours, going top-speed.

Peter123

C-Note
I thought skis go faster then 20 mph.

Our beat up dinosaur xp does at least 35 mph. If you grab a newer 250, you should be able to go there and back in a little over 2 hours, going top-speed.

Besides the speed of the convoy, I was also throwing in time for lunch as well as refuels.

But back to my question, anybody returning that evening?

Top Bottom