ET 967 Tuning Thread

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I've got a ET967 now because I got a killer deal on a used engine after mine hydrolocked and blew out but Art hasn't been available for any information so I'm starting this thread for a little help/discussion.

So far I've rode it in surf in Daytona and it felt like the power was there but tuning is off for sure. The one thing that feels right is the prop but carbs are muddy and need more tuning and i noticed my powervalves aren't moving much at all while i was flushing the ski. Please post your info here and let's help each other out.

Carbs: mikuni 46's
Main jet: 120
Pilot jet: 130
Popoff: can't remember with 115g spring
Needle and seat: 2.3
Low screw: 1
High screw: 1.25
Pump: Torrent 148
Prop: Skat 10/18
Pipe: powerfactor ran wet
Ignition: ATP Flame total loss
Powervalve Springs: unknown
Hull: Carbon Superfreak

***edited with current jetting

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
looks lean to me. I am running a similiar setup with a 771cc and running 115M and 130 Pilot on mikuni 46s with 19psi

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I haven't heard of anyone running a return restrictor on regular mikuni carbs. I'd love to hear if anyone is and their results.

Does anyone know what springs come with the et967 and where to source replacements with different tension besides through Art?
Why?
I may have a set of springs laying around, not 100% sure if I kept them or sent them down the road to someone else but ill check for you

Top Bottom