FreeForm Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Swap, I know you are just making a joke, but we should applaud someone investing time and what must big money into innovation for our sport. Time will tell if the hulls and company are good and the material, etc. are any better, but IMO we should be supportive and positive of these types of efforts.

Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.gif

I was being neither unsupportive or negative.
Everyone is going...... "ooooooooooooooh who's the top secret company????"
tumblrm2wl2zqbps1r6fip9.gif

"What member of the X has been keeping this under wraps so long???"
giphy.gif

So I made a joke. Its funny cause theres NO FREAKING WAY IN THE HISTORY OF TIME that its really Trendsetterz.

Disgust.gif

Last edited:
If it is a competition level ski there is nothing wrong with the price. If it is a rec ski, price will come down with demand and what the market will pay.

I doubt it will flex. There is a big difference in size, shape, weight and material compared to a spark.

The hull industry is made up of 4 aftermarket manufacturers and 100 backyarders. I hope the other 3 are looking into moulding production too. They are silly if they don't.

It is a game changer in design and thinking. They may end up dominating the hull industry or being the Betamax of jetsking if the other established manufacturers catch up quickly. But until then, well done and let's see some real world tests and reviews so we have something to really talk about.

alls im saying to everyone talking about price is that seadoo found a way to make sparks for 4000. so there has to be a way to do a budget 6500$ brand new stand up..... hull is smaller. gas tank is smaller. and a pole cant be that much more than a seat and the giant hood on a couch. i understand why our aftermarket hulls are so expensive. lots of man hours. if they went through the initial cost of injection molding there is a far bigger plan here than 5-10 hulls a year at 6500..... i would guess the goal is more like 100 hulls a year minimum.

Buuuut im just thinking, it could be an overstatement - that hulklite is superior to fiberglass and carbon, if it was indeed that much better and ligther than carbon i think they had a good chance in aerospace, aviation and motorsport. or at least these industries would have used this materiel insted of carbon :)
Quite a good reason for why it hasn't been done yet: the mold cost vs quantity. The website says its pressure formed (its a thick gauge vacuum thermoformed technique) which has a mold cost that is an order of magnitude more expensive to do than carbon/fiberglass. Jetskis are such low production that its hard to justify. Also carbon is used a lot in our sport and motorsports for bling; where other materials would be just as light, stronger (especially where impact is a concern) and better for the application.

I've said it a ton of times that something like this is a good idea.

Bit more on the technique

Xh20,
This has been under wraps for quite some time. This is Jordan, formally Jetskihorder18 (nice detective work). Free Form Factory is here to stay, with more products in the pipeline. As many of you have figured out, this is not a small capital investment and something to just try and walk away from. We started this company with one mission in mind, to create a new avenue for the sport to grow and allow for new innovations and new technologies to be applied.
Free Form Factory is working in multiple directions to grow this sport with more than just hulls.
We will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Please look for us at coming events in 2015.
Cheers,
Jordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom