Front latch replacements?

wydopen

onthepipe
Site Supporter
Going to be building a stripped down fx1 hull slowly for my son..looks like finding a front hood latch is going to be a problem. Only one on eBay is almost 300$. Anyone found a substitute? Was thinking I could build a lip around engine compartment like a 550 and run a ratchet hood strap? Anyone found anything else that will work?

Going to be building a stripped down fx1 hull slowly for my son..looks like finding a front hood latch is going to be a problem. Only one on eBay is almost 300$. Anyone found a substitute? Was thinking I could build a lip around engine compartment like a 550 and run a ratchet hood strap? Anyone found anything else that will work?
300 or best offer . I give better deals when I dont have to include ebay

Mike at Northwet in Salem OR makes billet FX1 front hood mounts.

Not sure if this is a good number any more. It is what I found from google 503-585-5675

He posts around as "Wetracer" . I have his personal cell, but not sure if he wants that given out.

wydopen

onthepipe
Site Supporter
If you still have the original but broken one, they can be fixed with a 10 cent SS roll pin. I think I have a bunch extra of the roll pins kicking around and can mail you one and save you from being bent over for $300.00
Thank you But I’m building a hull from scratch..Carl’s got me covered

wydopen

onthepipe
Site Supporter

E350

Site Supporter
I think JetManiac posted up recently that he still had the Cold Fusion front hood latch. I have it and I like it. I got in trouble for mentioning it in another of your threads, but for anyone looking for the Cold Fusion FX-1 front hood latch, pm @JetManiac and see if he has any new in stock.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I think JetManiac posted up recently that he still had the Cold Fusion front hood latch. I have it and I like it. I got in trouble for mentioning it in another of your threads, but for anyone looking for the Cold Fusion FX-1 front hood latch, pm @JetManiac and see if he has any new in stock.
Oh bullcrap you did not get in trouble. I was being sarcastic "you see who his sponsors were in his sig line?".

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Sig line doesn't show up on the mobile site.

With a ratchet strap my front latch (wetracer version) doesn't even make contact. It keeps it from being knocked sideways but doesn't help hold it down at all. I removed the pin a long time ago so my hood would go on easier. Stock hood can flex and hop out of the channel on a hard side landing so a beefier hood liner is a great idea.

wydopen

onthepipe
Site Supporter
Sig line doesn't show up on the mobile site.

With a ratchet strap my front latch (wetracer version) doesn't even make contact. It keeps it from being knocked sideways but doesn't help hold it down at all. I removed the pin a long time ago so my hood would go on easier. Stock hood can flex and hop out of the channel on a hard side landing so a beefier hood liner is a great idea.
I have a newish stock hoodliner for it. Trying to decide if I should make a mold off it or just do some reinforcement on the inside of the hood and run stock hoodiner.

Top Bottom