FWF adding height

Just4Fun

First World Problems...
Been getting pretty consistent with landing my flatwater flips, but wanna add height. What techniques are you using to get that height..

Just4Fun

First World Problems...
...most people get a really big motor ;)

Definitely have that lol, Guess ill list my setup.

Glass phantom
ET 1107
Charging
Dasa 48's
Tnt pipe
OEM 155 with tbm stuffer

Yesterday I was slightly over rotating and landing tail down on most of my flips so I know I'm missing out on height. I'm using trim

No trim will get more height and less rotation. Make sure you huck back a little harder with no trim.
Also what I've learned is when hitting a setup wake, aim for the sky instead of aiming for a flip if that makes sense. Try and get as high as you can and let the flip follow after.

Last edited:
You can still get height with trim. I always use trim for every flip I do. I think the problem most people have with getting height, is the fact that their to focused on getting the rotation. Those riders will make a perfect setup wake and then blow right through it due to pushing so hard (and prematurely) with their legs and pulling on the bars as hard as they can, rather than riding up the wake like a ramp. If they did that on a BMX bike they would be upside down half way up the ramp and smashing the back of their head on the lip. Keep that in your head next time your out and you should be golden.

Just4Fun

First World Problems...
Talking setup wake I've been doing the 90° where you drop in and hit the second lip
I think this is also making me rotate super fast just from the flow of it.
What setup wake are you guys using and which lip are you hitting first or second?

I guess this Friday I'm aiming up instead of trying to rotate so fast off the lip..

You can still get height with trim. I always use trim for every flip I do. I think the problem most people have with getting height, is the fact that their to focused on getting the rotation. Those riders will make a perfect setup wake and then blow right through it due to pushing so hard (and prematurely) with their legs and pulling on the bars as hard as they can, rather than riding up the wake like a ramp. If they did that on a BMX bike they would be upside down half way up the ramp and smashing the back of their head on the lip. Keep that in your head next time your out and you should be golden.

X2 on this. Riding sloppy swells recently I did smack my head off the "lip" of the wave and really disoriented me.

Watch this video and you'll know exactly what to do and how to approach for different tricks. He even has a setup wake "how to" video on his channel

This video is awesome...going to help a lot. One thing we obviously cant see is body positioning. Flat spin and the barrel rolls look pretty similar from POV. What are some of the differences?

Just4Fun

First World Problems...
This video is awesome...going to help a lot. One thing we obviously cant see is body positioning. Flat spin and the barrel rolls look pretty similar from POV. What are some of the differences?

For me barrel rolls are almost more body motion than power. Learned how to roll with a 701, big motors just make me go along higher!! Flat spins are almost all motor for me and I can't get past 270° off my own wake, so obviously not doing them right.. I think they have a lot to do with steering angle Vs body motion.
I can get full 360° off big boat wake's but that's not saying much..

Christian_83

Xscream
Well, for what its worth here is my 2 cents. I found that the better you become at the setup wake AND hitting the setup wake, the easier/bigger you will go :)
With that in mind, also your body position and use of trim is big factor.
The more trim you use, the more rotation (and "less height") you will get, same goes for body postions/movement - the more you squat and pull the faster you will rotate.
Im hitting the first wake, when i flip.
Try using half trim, this worked great for me, for adding height. Just put 2 fingers between the grip and trim lever, and do as usual and see what happens.
not the best video, but its my DSLR on a tripod, as i didn't have anyone to operate the camera lol
Its from tuning my ET1107 :)

Pictures is with TPE 900CO

IMG_9946.JPG

IMG_9947.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG

IMG_9949.JPG

IMG_9950.JPG

IMG_9951.JPG

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG
IMG_9954.JPG

Top Bottom