Surfriding Handlepole questions

I’m looking into upgrading from my stock SJ pole. Does anyone know how much a stock pole weighs?

Looking into a KP pole or maybe even RRP lightweight.
Will RRP carbon fiber tubes fit into KP pole setup?

And I’d imagine that RRP lightweight poles would be plenty strong. Are people breaking them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what a stock pole weighs.
But I have been riding with the same RRP lightweight pole with aluminum tubes for years and it has never failed me. Never heard of one beaking either.

wydopen

onthepipe
The cast rrp pole is what you want. Don’t need lightweight just get your pole spring dialed in. I ran one for 7years and it never broke or had any problems. On my second one now. If your stock pole is from a pre2008 I’ll buy it. Building a ski for my son

I have had a KP on my ski for about 5 years now, I ride some decent waves up here and put it through the learning curve paces. I started using a limiting rope with my stock pole and transferred it to each pole upgrade I did. It's on my KP now. I'm very happy with the KP. It hasn't taken any deformation or damage, as mentioned though, definitely run a limiting rope. My pole cost me something like $880 New Zealand dollars shipped which is about $640 USD for you. An RRP, I didn't get an exact figure just now but RRP has them listed in a range from $949.00 - $1,139.00. Something to consider if cost is a factor to you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. My plan is to go to an aftermarket hull (maybe the Rickter Edge) within the next year or two. I figure I'd want a pole so I might as well get one this year. I really like getting rid of unnecessary weight in motorsports. And a lightweight pole seems like a good way to get rid of several pounds that are so far away from the center of mass.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
1610392118772.png
I run this one on my edge. Did it to save a little weight, But not huge amounts. I would stay with the alum tubes. If your plan is to get an Edge, then stick with the RRP pole. They look funy with any other pole on them!!!!!!!!

View attachment 405713
I run this one on my edge. Did it to save a little weight, But not huge amounts. I would stay with the alum tubes. If your plan is to get an Edge, then stick with the RRP pole. They look funy with any other pole on them!!!!!!!!

I'm with Big Kauna. Rickter hulls pretty much requires an RRP pole to look good. I can't get over any Rickter with another brand. Not that I don't like them, aesthetically they're out of place.

I’m looking into upgrading from my stock SJ pole. Does anyone know how much a stock pole weighs?

Looking into a KP pole or maybe even RRP lightweight.
Will RRP carbon fiber tubes fit into KP pole setup?

And I’d imagine that RRP lightweight poles would be plenty strong. Are people breaking them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working from memory here stock rn/fx pole only run about 9#. The lightest twintube setup I've weighed was a RRP lightweight w/carbon tubes, 9# also. Everything else is going to be heavier. Unless you build your own. I got this one down to 8#.
DSC01144.JPGDSC01145.JPGDSC01146.JPGDSC01147.JPG

Top Bottom