Helmet weights

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I just got my new Bell Bellistic in the mail today.
All I can say is.....WOW. It's light.
I'm going from an Oneal Racing WFS41, which I used for a long time as a motocross helmet. I didn't mind the wieght of it wet in the surf...until now that I've actually had one in each hand and been able to compare the wieght difference.
Amazing. I'll bet it's close to 1/2 the weight of the O'neal.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Some helmets may be lighter than others but when they're wet it might be a different story due to the foam and padding taking on water.

Put them all in a bathtub filled with water for an hour and repeat the test please. :biggrin:

although i look like a tool wearing it, i use this one. Lightest I've seen yet, 99% styrofoam (except for a piece of turf i put into the front of it to tighten it up), and does not affect any vision. Its a kayaking helmet: http://www.kayakshed.com/cascade/cascade-kayak-helmets-full-cut-face-mask

helmet-cascd-blk-grd_300.jpg

the one pitfall to this...is that it clearly states on the back do not use for any motorsports lol. i don't see how a jetski falling out of the sky from 15 feet could be seen as a motorsport...right? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have 2 of them... love em' Super light and take on no water because they are actually made for the water...

it weighs 1lb 11oz wet and w/o the cage it's 1lb 2oz and has an air bladder that you pump up to fit to your head...

Last edited:
Top Bottom