• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 159
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 228

IceMan

Building a ski in Progress
I have been riding the Lenzi1one hull for the past 3-4 months and I believe now I can give a good honest riding report.

Hull with paint, hood, turf, handle pole and bracket weighed less than 70lbs.

General:

1. Because it's the first true very short hull I have ever ridden it took me about 2 weeks of ridding to get used to it.
NOTE: (Lenzi did send me a longer ride plate and hull extensions to make it easier keeping the nose down, but I did not use them)

2. The footholds are like no other I have ever seen or ridden, one kick and you feel like your feet are vacuumed in!!!

3. The hull though short is actually very stable hence being the widest hull out there.

4. The motor is an SS865cc which I consider a medium power plant and the reason why i decided to go with this setup is to determine the true potential of the hull rather than the power of the motor.

5. The hull receives all Yamaha parts except motor mounts which are supplied by Lenzi, Kawi steering cable and the pump should be a S.T Magnum Kawasaki setback with a S.T trim system.

6. If you guys noticed the MSD T.L is mounted on top of the gas tank on a carbon plate that is made by Lenzi, at first I was worried about this setup but after a while it just seems so easy. In other words, Lenzi did make a big hood and that has the advantage of being able to work out any problems easily without ducking your head in to check the T.L or anything else for that matter. The engine bay is so wide and low I can tune the carburetor accurately hassle free.

6. After getting used to the hull and the way it rides it was time for a few tricks, now this hull is a bit tricky when making wakes because of its length, I have many times hit a backflip on the wrong wake and surprisingly got huge air with the wrong wake.

7. With a medium power plant the ski performed like a Pro, this hull is designed by a pro to perform tricks accurately and I got nothing less...

8. Easy to backflip, easy to roll and do other tricks... I am even trying a no wake backy....with this medium power plant SOON...

9. Overall, this hull made me develop my technique and skill and took me to the next level...

10. My next step will be to put a bigger motor and start x2 or x3 backys and huge airiel tricks....

A few things I did not like:

1. The turf material is not as tough as Hydro-Turf.

2. It takes a few more seconds than normal to hop back on the ski after falling.

3. A lot of time and effort spent adjusting the steering system.

4. The fact that there are some Kawi components that you have to use.

5. The handle pole quality could be improved.

6. Lenzi should make a steering system.

7. Takes a while to get used to without the longer ride plate and bottom hull extension.

A few things I like:

1. Wide engine bay making it easy to install a motor and work out problems.

2. No need to use shims the motor sits on the engine mounts and is aligned perfectly.

3. Complete solid Carbon-Kevlar hull.

4. No hood hooks.

5. Pump slides right in and no pump shoe needed.

6. Very short and very stable.

7. Scupper valve and ducktail valve under the exhaust outlet no need for a bilge pump.

8. Aluminum Gas tank + battery tray (better than Jazz products).

9. Enough hooks built inside to secure the P.F dry pipe and gas tank.

10. Lenzi provides the carbon MSD T.L plate no extra charge.

11. MSD T.L location is right where it should be and has less chance of failure.

I have been almost riding by myself every time I am at the water in a more quite spot to practice and avoid some idiots at the water. I will however; try to get some riding pics and vids and put something together on YouTube soon as I get some1 with free time to come out and ride with me and actually do take some photos and videos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom