Freestyle ijsba live

motoman96

Banned
That's it! How did the last thread only have 5 deleted pages, an this one has 6? The last one had way more technical an difficult discussions, this is an outrage! I clearly think whoever is editing these should be ashamed an fired. I'm never posting or looking in this thread again!lmao

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Strange behaviour lately from the X. Not sure whats up but I see page 14 at the bottom when I know Im on page 20. Difficult to navigate. I've seen this on other threads too.

SuziQ

Banned
This thread is mis-scored. Who's fist pumping thier keyboard?

and I'm still in first place!!! :cheer:

When I am at World Finals next year, I will still manage to type more and have a better time than all of you, plus I will get to take mega photos of everyone as usual too!

It shall be grand!

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Found this elswhere, courtesy of Marc Sickerling:

10/10/11
EME News Release, 2011 World Finals.

There has been confusion concerning EME rider, Lee Stone, and his choice to not ride in Sundays World Finals competition.

Eric's Comments Follow,

I prepared for Havasu this year as I have for the past 15 years.
I built for Lee Stone an Aerial 8 ski with a 1200cc engine/pump combo that I tested and knew to exceed all others.

Lee made the decision (Contrary to my judgment) at Havasu on the Wednesday prior to competition to switch to a larger pump, once the pros and cons were discussed. Secondary to the altering of the product I knew to work, there were sleepless nights of experimenting and modifications to try to make the new setup work during the days, hours, and minutes before competing on Saturday.

After the competition on Saturday, the decision was made to switch back to the original setup that EME had brought to Havasu.

Lee made his own decision to not ride in Sunday's competition secondary to not enough time on the ski.
EME and Eric Malone did not make the decision to not participate in the competition.
Thanks, and looking forward to next year!!

Eric Malone
E.M.E.

Thanks,

raytherace

Canadian Brapp Dealer
Found this elswhere, courtesy of Marc Sickerling:

10/10/11
EME News Release, 2011 World Finals.

There has been confusion concerning EME rider, Lee Stone, and his choice to not ride in Sundays World Finals competition.

Eric's Comments Follow,

I prepared for Havasu this year as I have for the past 15 years.
I built for Lee Stone an Aerial 8 ski with a 1200cc engine/pump combo that I tested and knew to exceed all others.

Lee made the decision (Contrary to my judgment) at Havasu on the Wednesday prior to competition to switch to a larger pump, once the pros and cons were discussed. Secondary to the altering of the product I knew to work, there were sleepless nights of experimenting and modifications to try to make the new setup work during the days, hours, and minutes before competing on Saturday.

After the competition on Saturday, the decision was made to switch back to the original setup that EME had brought to Havasu.

Lee made his own decision to not ride in Sunday's competition secondary to not enough time on the ski.
EME and Eric Malone did not make the decision to not participate in the competition.
Thanks, and looking forward to next year!!

Eric Malone
E.M.E.

Thanks,

All about pump setup ????

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Haha, yeah, sure. There is always drama around Malone regarding sponsorships, all the way back to him switching from 24/7 to Wamiltons.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I gonna call BS on that. I have competed with my ski running like crap, borrowed skiis when mine crapped out, even jumped on my SXR once.

If your going to go the trouble to go to Havasu, you are not going to not compete because a pump setup.

Riders of that caliber can hop from one ski to another and still do well.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
So I am guessing Eric is not real happy about Lee's decision........lol
If I were Eric and was unhappy I would have rode the ski my self. (If I was Eric Malone and could win on a john boat).LOL

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Keep in mind that was just EME's official stance. Who knows what really went on.
Lee has been heralded as the second coming in Freestyle champs - heck, he won last year! He certainly went big, got the superflip, etc.
Then he shows up at Havasu and sees the Japanese and Russian riders throw their insane combos. Maybe he lost a bit of nerve and thought he couldn't possibly win against that.

Edit: Oops, Darin beat me to it.

Edit: For an "official" company press release, there sure is a lot of finger pointing going on.

Last edited:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
One more thing I have seen expressed on a German board: Americans no longer play any role in pro freestyle.

Top Bottom